Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tara Pachmayer This A.M.
Bookmark and Share
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

The subject was college football. She said that as a student at KY they went to games specifically to see the teams coming to play the Wildcats. She also said they don't pay attention during the games -- it's just for fun.

She then said, being a Cincy native, that there's no such thing as a Cincinnati Bearcat football fan in Cincy. It's high school football and NFL, but nothing else.

She said the most exciting game she can remember in a long time was the Memphis-Louisville game a couple of weeks ago. She went to the game as a fan rather than as a sports reporter and she had a blast.
11-18-2004 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigeraldoRivera Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

umbluegray Wrote:The subject was college football. She said that as a student at KY they went to games specifically to see the teams coming to play the Wildcats. She also said they don't pay attention during the games -- it's just for fun.
This is kinda the same as how I don't pay to attention to what she's saying, I just like looking at her from the shoulders down -- just for fun.
11-18-2004 11:21 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails

Well her remarks about cincy football sound right on the mark. They really have no football fanbase. It's just something their fans do until their basketball players and coaches are let out of their jail cells to begin practice.
11-18-2004 11:29 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis

Had we gotten a NFL team in the 60s or 70s the Tigers would be in the same boat... And that's not factoring the $EC.
11-18-2004 11:35 AM
Tigerjedi Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers!!!

southpaw1 Wrote:Well her remarks about cincy football sound right on the mark. They really have no football fanbase. It's just something their fans do until their basketball players and coaches are let out of their jail cells to begin practice.
04-bow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 04-bow
11-18-2004 12:18 PM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Damn. I was hoping she was putting nads on her forehead and monobrow.
11-18-2004 12:21 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

TigeraldoRivera Wrote:
umbluegray Wrote:The subject was college football. She said that as a student at KY they went to games specifically to see the teams coming to play the Wildcats. She also said they don't pay attention during the games -- it's just for fun.
This is kinda the same as how I don't pay to attention to what she's saying, I just like looking at her from the shoulders down -- just for fun.
same here, I just want to bend her over and hope she doesn't look back at me.
11-18-2004 12:34 PM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:
With that much hair on her face there is probably enough on her back for you to braid. LOL!
11-18-2004 12:35 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

TigerTommy Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:
With that much hair on her face there is probably enough on her back for you to braid. LOL!
I'll wear gloves.
11-18-2004 12:36 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:
Thats a bit graffic, how is it that some get persecuted for this type comment yet others get a pass? Is it some kind of popularity thing?

disclaimer:
I have absolutely no problem with the comment, I am just wondering out loud why the board gangs up on certain people and not others.
11-18-2004 12:42 PM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

You will probably need a machete to clear the jungle if you know what I mean, lol. Ask Sky to post some of his favorite hirsute pics. I have an ill feeling he has an entire gallery of it. lol
11-18-2004 12:43 PM
Advertisement

JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

TigerTommy Wrote:You will probably need a machete to clear the jungle if you know what I mean, lol. Ask Sky to post some of his favorite hirsute pics. I have an ill feeling he has an entire gallery of it. lol
:rofl:
11-18-2004 12:44 PM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

idroot4russia Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:
Thats a bit graffic, how is it that some get persecuted for this type comment yet others get a pass? Is it some kind of popularity thing?

disclaimer:
I have absolutely no problem with the comment, I am just wondering out loud why the board gangs up on certain people and not others.
Well an easy difference is one said he wished she would bend over but not look back. No vulgarity there. The other evidently posted some near underage nude girls with one doing something quite gross.
11-18-2004 12:45 PM
bengltgrs Offline
All American

Latilleon Wrote:Had we gotten a NFL team in the 60s or 70s the Tigers would be in the same boat... And that's not factoring the $EC.
You are absolutely...unequivocally.....on target. How many college programs have been destroyed by the presence of pro's?
11-18-2004 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

TigerTommy Wrote:
idroot4russia Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:

disclaimer:
Well an easy difference is one said he wished she would bend over but not look back. No vulgarity there. The other evidently posted some near underage nude girls with one doing something quite gross.
I'll concede that there is a big difference in the most recent example but I have seen people get jumped on for comments much more tame than the wanting to bend her over comment. Usualy it is one poster riled up because her kids read the board then a few others pile on. I guess she just has not made it to this thread yet.
11-18-2004 12:59 PM
MemphisKitten Offline
The Kitten

I Root For: Tigers & Jeter

idroot4russia Wrote:
TigerTommy Wrote:
idroot4russia Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:

disclaimer:
I'll concede that there is a big difference in the most recent example but I have seen people get jumped on for comments much more tame than the wanting to bend her over comment. Usualy it is one poster riled up because her kids read the board then a few others pile on. I guess she just has not made it to this thread yet.
Well I don't have any kids so that was not my issue with the other. I, myself, did not want to see what was on my screen. Also, since I am at work, I did not appreciate that appearing on my screen without my consent.

Most of the pictures here are fine. It is easier to scroll past the written comments than the pictures that appeared. No one is really looking at your screen at the written words. It is hard to hide those pictures.

Make your comments but just keep in mind that some under age do post here. And that some parents would like to be able to monitor their kids computer. And they probably view this as a sports board.

But to each their own, I have made my own comments before but they are probably very tame compared to some comments made here.

Like I sort of said in another thread. Most of this stuff does not offend me. But those pictures did.
11-18-2004 01:08 PM
Advertisement

JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

I agree, they were over the line, especially the one of the middle school cheerleader. There is no need for that type of stuff on a sports messageboard.
11-18-2004 01:12 PM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

MemphisKitten Wrote:
idroot4russia Wrote:
TigerTommy Wrote:
idroot4russia Wrote:
fsquid Wrote:
TigeraldoRivera Wrote:

disclaimer:
Well I don't have any kids so that was not my issue with the other. I, myself, did not want to see what was on my screen. Also, since I am at work, I did not appreciate that appearing on my screen without my consent.

Most of the pictures here are fine. It is easier to scroll past the written comments than the pictures that appeared. No one is really looking at your screen at the written words. It is hard to hide those pictures.

Make your comments but just keep in mind that some under age do post here. And that some parents would like to be able to monitor their kids computer. And they probably view this as a sports board.

But to each their own, I have made my own comments before but they are probably very tame compared to some comments made here.

Like I sort of said in another thread. Most of this stuff does not offend me. But those pictures did.
Exactly, Some people just have no sense of decency.
11-18-2004 01:12 PM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

If any underage kid reads this thread and snickers he already knows the jokes. I could repeat the machete comment to my 7 year old and all he would do is ask, "What is a machete?" lol
Pics are an entirely different matter. What I have been told was posted earlier borders on receiving an instant ban. JMO
11-18-2004 01:20 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

not even going into appropriate - those type of pictures on a screen at work WILL get you fired in a lot of places. not a nice suprise at all.

this is a tiger sports board. keep the honeys and politics on the boards where they belong
11-18-2004 01:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.