Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

greg gatson said one of the officials verbally
Bookmark and Share
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

threatened calapari after the game, that is why calapari took off after him and tossed a few bon moits back. asked what was said, gatson said he didnt want to say.

interesting segment. i was in a car that had vermins show turned on. a caller (non-tiger and proud of it) called in bashing gatson. gatson came back into studio to defend himself and it turned into a very interesting 20 minutes or so.

we got bent over last night folks.
02-24-2005 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BrianJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Gaston needs to go ahead and say what the official said.

And we need to send it on to the league office and make sure that guy (heck, all three of them) never works a Memphis game again.
02-24-2005 01:56 PM
FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity

I just called and told Vernons producer to get him to stop bashing CUSA over the officials because they are not conference affiliated. The dolt said he would. They go to commercial and come back and the first thing out of his mouth is how CUSA should be ashamed blah blah blah..... :bang: :bang: :bang:
02-24-2005 01:57 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I say Cal running after someone at the goal then run back to shake hands. What is a bon moit?
02-24-2005 01:58 PM
TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

tigerjeb Wrote:we got bent over last night folks.
I have many memories of being "bent over" in games, but they were all just crucial possessions w/ bad calls, which happens. I don't remember an entire game of being bent over. Usually, it'll be lopsided and when they realize it they correct it with make-ups, etc. I kept waiting for that to happen last night and it never did.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerloyal Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
CrappiesCrappiesDonators

I dare say that anyone who watched that game, tiger fan or not, knew what happened.
I am glad it is being sent for review although, it will not help the out come it will maybe help us to have better refs the rest of the way.
The teams should always determine the outcome.
Its always a shame, when they don't, regardless of who the teams are.
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

they are not conference officials per se, but they shouldn't ref another Confusa game again. Especially not one of ours.
FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity

TigerTwice Wrote:
I have many memories of being "bent over" in games, but they were all just crucial possessions w/ bad calls, which happens. I don't remember an entire game of being bent over. Usually, it'll be lopsided and when they realize it they correct it with make-ups, etc. I kept waiting for that to happen last night and it never did.
Agree. The hand check call against Ark. was ONE call that killed us. That was a 40 minute man love session last night.
02-24-2005 01:59 PM
lifelongtiger Offline
Working Class Hero

I Root For: THE U of M

I commented about the verbal assault in another post, it was interesting to say the least. It gets me how people love to call in and bash Cal and then declare they aren't even a Memphis fan. One guy said he roots for Duke and Kentucky, and whoever has a classy coach. One guy also said he 'knows' that african-americans in Memphis don't support the Tigers, he was very sure of his belief. What a joke!
02-24-2005 02:01 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

JTiger Wrote:I say Cal running after someone at the goal then run back to shake hands. What is a bon moit?
dang - i didnt realize i slipped that i in there

bon mot - french for "good word" also witty remark
02-24-2005 02:01 PM
TigerGrad02 Offline
Special Teams

TigerTwice Wrote:
I don't think I could've said it any better.
02-24-2005 02:02 PM
Advertisement

BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

pajendrus@c-usa.org

this is the contact person to complain about the officiating last night, per the rainmoron and tony crooks.

i realize that these may not have been CUSA refs, but SOME administrative body has to manage getting refs for games, and it ain't the individual schools, so i believe its the conference's job to do this. no more CUSA games for this ref. its that simple.

use the system to accomplish what needs to be done.

and i broke my promise to kpig.

happy birthday again, and i apologize.
02-24-2005 02:37 PM
UofMTigers1 Offline
All American

What did the Rainman say about the game? I know how he hates Cal.
02-24-2005 02:46 PM
BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

UofMTigers1 Wrote:What did the Rainman say about the game? I know how he hates Cal.
in between backhanded insults to Coach Cal, he agreed that it was a poorly officiated game - one of the poorest he's seen.
02-24-2005 02:48 PM
dexterreed Offline
All American

tigerjeb Wrote:threatened calapari after the game, that is why calapari took off after him and tossed a few bon moits back. asked what was said, gatson said he didnt want to say.

interesting segment. i was in a car that had vermins show turned on. a caller (non-tiger and proud of it) called in bashing gatson. gatson came back into studio to defend himself and it turned into a very interesting 20 minutes or so.

Which official threatened Cal? Was it the young African-American official who called DWash out of bounds when he was a foot from being out of bounds?
02-24-2005 02:50 PM
GhostGray Offline
All American

I Root For: S.R. resigning

dexterreed Wrote:
tigerjeb Wrote:threatened calapari after the game, that is why calapari took off after him and tossed a few bon moits back.  asked what was said, gatson said he didnt want to say.

interesting segment.  i was in a car that had vermins show turned on.  a caller (non-tiger and proud of it) called in bashing gatson.  gatson came back into studio to defend himself and it turned into a very interesting 20 minutes or so.

Which official threatened Cal? Was it the young African-American official who called DWash out of bounds when he was a foot from being out of bounds?
That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

The ball was 2 feet in bounds and he called it out.

That guy was a joke. Was that Kerry Sutton or Terry Moore.
Was he the one who threatened Cal?

UNCC went right back on the bad call and scored 2 quickly.
02-24-2005 03:15 PM
Advertisement

idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Not only was he inbounds, the reason he ALMOST went out of bounds was that he was fouled hard by his defender knocking him back. :bang:

Maybe the ref thought Washington charged and being mindful of Washington's foul situation decided to call out of bounds instead? Anybody remember how many fouls he had at that point?
02-24-2005 03:31 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Did anyone not associated with the University of Memphis hear the official threaten Cal. I'm not saying it didn't happen. But if it is Memphis's word against the official, making a big deal about it will do more damage to the Tigers than anything. The league office will not take Cal or the announcer's word over the officials, especially if Cal has been complaining all year.
02-24-2005 03:37 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Memphis Blazer Wrote:
GhostGray Wrote:
Did anyone not associated with the University of Memphis hear the official threaten Cal. I'm not saying it didn't happen. But if it is Memphis's word against the official, making a big deal about it will do more damage to the Tigers than anything. The league office will not take Cal or the announcer's word over the officials, especially if Cal has been complaining all year.
They seemed to believe our inept announcer a few years ago when the Ark. AD launched into his obscenity laced tirade.
02-24-2005 03:43 PM
BengalBurger Offline
with cheese!

Memphis Blazer Wrote:especially if Cal has been complaining all year.
first off, in a perfect world, it shouldn't matter HOW long Cal has been complaining. a fouls is a foul, and a ref's job is to call them, ALL of them, both ends. its called "fair refereeing." (is that a word?)

second, i am aware of only one (preemptive) reference to the referees (b4 UL game) - that hardly consititues as "all year"

even after our rectal reaming last night, Cal was not complaining about the refs.
02-24-2005 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.