Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Can you blame ole miss......
Bookmark and Share
olemiss1088 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I'm going to be realistic here. Ole Miss is not the powerhouse some fans make it out to be. We are a decent team in the SEC. Personally, I don't see us making a BCS bowl anytime soon, at least not until we get a real quaterback.(I hope I'm wrong) I would love for Ole Miss to drop the series with Memphis. As much as I hate to admit it, Memphis isn't the pushover they once were and the game doesn't serve any beneficial purpose to Ole Miss. I would much rather us schedule Tulane or someone to replace the game with the Tigers. It counts as one more easy win, which gets you one step closer to a bowl game. It's similar to the Tigers and ASU. If ASU beats you a couple of times do you want to keep that game on the schedule? No, you would try to get them off of it and sign a team that gets you an easy win. Although, I sure love beating the Tigers and listening to sports radio and hearing all the depressed callers.
07-15-2005 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I too am ready for the series to end, but for different reasons. I am tired of old myth's never ending whinning and inability to face the fact that it is 2005 and not the 1950's or 60's. Yes you dominated us early, but since integration the gap has been closing.. Hell you even beat us occasionally in bb now.
07-15-2005 07:43 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Yes, I want to drop the series too...

If Ole Miss wins... We are supposed to with no benefits (polls, media & etc.)

If Ole Miss losses its a death blow to the program. If we are ranked in the polls we are almost guaranteed to drop out & make it almost impossible to return. Every Media outlet will jump on the situation.

Plus, I am tired of supporting Memphis State.... Why is the Ole Miss tickets nearly twice as much as any of your other home games... Its a complete rip off.... I want to play Memphis State at least 3-4 years & beat you badly these years then drop ya'll... The Ole Miss game every year that its played in Memphis is ya'll most profitable game of the year... I heard media outlets in Memphis say Memphis State generates more revenue from this game than any other 3 games combined... I'm sick of supporting Memphis State...

It's a complete no win situation for Ole Miss.... Like it or not thats the way 110% of Ole Miss fans feel... Know what its the truth....
07-15-2005 08:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply
memphisrebel Offline
Banned

I Root For: Ole Miss Rebels

can someone please post where one Ole Miss fan on this board has called Ole Miss a SEC powerhouse. In a way, I want the series to be over so ya'll have nothing to look forward to. The UT contract will run out and that's it for ya'll. Who else are you scheduling nonconference-wise. I believe Arkansas State..and some other no name.

say what you want about our future nonconference games, but when you play in the SEC, it becomes apparent that you're playing at least 5 or six top 25 teams a year.
07-15-2005 08:24 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

memphisrebel Wrote:The UT contract will run out and that's it for ya'll.  Who else are you scheduling nonconference-wise.  I believe Arkansas State..and some other no name.
Yeah, that s all I heard is we are the bottom feeders of the SEC.... And to just accept our big check from the SEC...

The truth of the matter is your program depends on the SEC $$$ more that any program in the SEC....

Without the Ole Miss game & TN game this year ya'll athelic budget.... Well you wouldn't have a budget... You probably would not even have a football program.... If ya'll recall 5-6 years ago they (Memphis State) almost completed dropped ya'll football program due to a negative budget & no interest from fans/alumni..... Hell the weight equipment you guys use are Ole Miss hand-me-downs because we felt sorry for you guys...

Again more examples of how we (Ole Miss) is supporting your program....
07-15-2005 08:38 AM
mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Rebs_Will_Win Wrote:
memphisrebel Wrote:The UT contract will run out and that's it for ya'll.  Who else are you scheduling nonconference-wise.  I believe Arkansas State..and some other no name.
Yeah, that s all I heard is we are the bottom feeders of the SEC.... And to just accept our big check from the SEC...

The truth of the matter is your program depends on the SEC $$$ more that any program in the SEC....

Without the Ole Miss game & TN game this year ya'll athelic budget.... Well you wouldn't have a budget... You probably would not even have a football program.... If ya'll recall 5-6 years ago they (Memphis State) almost completed dropped ya'll football program due to a negative budget & no interest from fans/alumni..... Hell the weight you guys use are Ole Miss hand-me-downs because we felt sorry for you guys...

Again more examples of how we (Ole Miss) is supporting your program....
Have you ever reread one of your posts? You should, you appear to be borderline illiterate.

You heard right you are a bootom feeder.In the last 26 years you have won the sec basketball tourney one time and won one or two ncaa games, and won a regional title in baseball this year. Two titles in 26 years. I can understand why you scheduled Ga. Tech. Now you can say you have played in Atlanta..

We depend on the SEC? That's a joke. You are the one who depends on the SEC, being the whore of the conference. You receive your big paycheck each year for servicing the other members, and out of a 25,000,000 budget, that $9,000,000 check makes up a big part of it How is it we have almost the same size budget as ya'll, and we don't receive that big check?

Believe me we will be fine without ya'll. I can remeber when it was a big game and used to sell out every year.

It's obvious that the game with us the biggest game of the year for you based on the amount of time and the number of posts you make on this board.

I would ask again why do you have a cartoon caracature as your mascot? Is it because you are a joke?
07-15-2005 08:56 AM
Advertisement

memphisrebel Offline
Banned

Quote:How is it we have almost the same size budget as ya'll, and we don't receive that big check?

because you're in CUSA...get used to it... :crying:
07-15-2005 09:09 AM
mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

memphisrebel Wrote:
Quote:How is it we have almost the same size budget as ya'll, and we don't receive that big check?

because you're in CUSA...get used to it... :crying:
It appears you struggle with reading comprehension. Yes we generate about the same amount of revenue in CUSA, as you do in the SEC. Just think where you be if you didn't receive that big check from your pimp.
07-15-2005 09:13 AM
memphisrebel Offline
Banned

mstiger, do you realize that 4/5 of the football fanbase could not identify those CUSA mascot icons. I'm serious...think about it...
07-15-2005 09:14 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mstiger Wrote:How is it we have almost the same size budget as ya'll, and we don't receive that big check?
:rofl: :stupid:

You need to re-read your own post..... I guess its par for the course....

Don't get upset with me because you have little man syndrome...

I think it very contagious among Tigha fans.....
07-15-2005 09:19 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

memphisrebel Wrote:mstiger, do you realize that 4/5 of the football fanbase could not identify those CUSA mascot icons. I'm serious...think about it...
You are exactly right...

I went to the top of the page & couldn't indentify half of thier (CUSA) mascots... 03-confused
07-15-2005 09:59 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mstiger Wrote:[Yes we generate about the same amount of revenue in CUSA, as you do in the SEC.  Just think where you be if you didn't receive that big check from your pimp.
HHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAA :stupid:

I guess Ole Miss is Memphis State "pimp"..... Largest payday of any three home games combined.....

Are they still selling tickets at Kroger for $5.00 to home games? :rofl:
07-15-2005 10:05 AM
mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Rebs_Will_Win Wrote:
mstiger Wrote:How is it we have almost the same size budget as ya'll, and we don't receive that big check?
:rofl: :stupid:

You need to re-read your own post..... I guess its par for the course....

Don't get upset with me because you have little man syndrome...

I think it very contagious among Tigha fans.....
You still haven't answered my question. How is it that we are able to generate approximately the same amount of revenue as you do, playing in little ole CUSA as you do playing in the sec, and the other teams provide you with a check of some $8,000,000-9,000,000 for services rendered.?
07-15-2005 10:12 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mstiger Wrote:It's obvious that the game with us the biggest game of the year for you
Yeah right....

Its bigger than Tennesse, Alabama, Kentucky, Vandy, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU or MSU.....

Did you forget we are in the SEC.... Not CUSA.... :rofl:
07-15-2005 10:14 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

mstiger Wrote:How is it that we are able to generate approximately the same amount of revenue as you do, playing in little ole CUSA as you do playing in the sec
You must be an idiot.... I suggest you go check your figures....

Let me help...

100 = one hundred
1,000 = one thousand (note location of comma)
10,000 = ten thousand (note location of comma)
100,000 = One hundred thousand (note location of comma)
1,000,000 = One million (note two commas & locations)

Hope I helped.....
07-15-2005 10:20 AM
memphisrebel Offline
Banned

post the revenues mstiger.
my question...how do you make as much revenue as Ole Miss when a good turn out for ya'll is 45,000? half of which bought the kroger 5 dollar nosebleed seats and just sat anywhere they wanted.
07-15-2005 10:20 AM
Advertisement

mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Half are not provided by Kroger. One way is I doubt if you generate enough revenue from your bb program to pay the light bill in the sad pad. Our revenue is in the 24,000,000 range and yours is somewhere around $25,000,000.
07-15-2005 10:32 AM
memphisrebel Offline
Banned

post the link
07-15-2005 10:35 AM
UM_REBELS Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Well, lets see, if you include basketball, your primary sport, then I guess we would be close, in football, it's no comparison though, and you know it. Probably why no BCS conference in the Continental United States would take Memphis. Hell, they took South friggin' Florida first.

We sell four times the number of season tickets that Memphis does, actually build and maintain our own facilities, and pull in 50 times the donations. So, how is Memphis better than Ole Miss?
07-15-2005 10:39 AM
mstiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:

memphisrebel Wrote:post the link
I don't have a link but if you read the sports pages these figures have been given.

Your bb program kills you. You only sell 2-3,000 season tickets at ridiculously low prices, and only average a little over a thousand people a game, and yet you have to pay Herkle $800,000 a year.
07-15-2005 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.