Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

1. UL - talent all around coming back, plus some more talented backups
2. ASU - should contend once again
3. UNT - look whose back from the bottom. DD knows what it takes to win
4. FAU - solid squad last year that is improving with Schell as coach
5. MT - transition to new coach may not pay off in first year, but will be a force to be reckoned with in 3 seasons
6. Troy - still no offense, but a great defense
7. Monroe - losing Jyles at QB means 3 more losses than last season
8. FIU - will struggle mightly
04-23-2006 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

hmm, here goes

ULL: I think Ricky Bustle has done a good job getten talent there and so far he's been good at adding more depth to his team than some of the other teams in the Sun Belt

UNT: Super J is back and healthy and should bennfit with a more expericned passer to keep the defenses around the Sun Belt from gangin up on the LOS

MTSU: Clint Marks might be the best passer in the Sun Belt, They also bring back their leading rusher from this past year, If defense picks up could be in New Orleans at the end of the year.

ASU: Coach Steve Roberts might be the best play calling caoch in the Sun Belt, Losing his Quaterback and Running Back will hurt their chances of repeating as Sun Belt Champs

FIU: Coach Don Strock will have his team ready for this season, Returning both their starting Quaterback and Running Back and they got alot of good play out of their defense this spring

TROY: Good defense returns, Always plays everyone in the Sun Belt tough, and are normally one of the best coached teams in the league.

Monroe: Replaces Jyles with another athletic quaterback brings back their returning leading rusher, and a couple of guys on who were playmakers on Defense

FAU: Brings back some talent on both sides of the ball, They must protect the ball better this year, and they have to put more points on the board. Coach Schellenbeger will fix that and this team should improve on its 2-9 finish last year
05-03-2006 01:11 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Re: Sun Belt FB Predictions for 2006????
SpaceRaider Wrote:1. Louisiana - a lot of returning talent, favorable SBC schedule
2. Troy - lets see if the coaching matches the talent
3. FIU - was on a roll at the end of the season
4. Middle Tennessee - I'm going to say Stockstill = three more wins than MAC
5. North Texas - progress rebuilding
6. Arkansas State - falloff not that bad, Belt just tougher in '06
7. FAU - not ready for the Big East yet
8. Monroe - somebody has to be there

I agree with this list, it looks pretty good. FAU is not even on the Big East radar, and never will be. They may eventually go to C-USA, but not the Big East, any teams that go to the Big East will come out of C-USA, not the Sunbelt.
05-03-2006 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.