Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU Coaches
Bookmark and Share
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
EMU Coaches
I believe that Suzy's move to MSU may be the first time since Ben Braun that an EMU coach has left for a "higher level" job. True?
05-01-2007 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ

Not really. My former assistant coach from the women's track team took the head coaching position at Minn., even though he had to be an assistant for a couple of years until the head coach retired.
05-01-2007 12:44 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Asst Volleyball coach Sara Swab
Got a head coaching job as well.
05-01-2007 01:12 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
talking semantics here
W'Nickle is talking head coach --> head coach.

EMUTrack is talking EMU assistant to Big Ten assistant.

There were assistant coaches from Super's favorite men's coach who got Big Ten hoop jobs.

For example, LaMonta Stone went from an EMU assistant to an OSU assistant.

Andy Moore went from EMU --> UofM but technically it was a 'downgrade' from assistant coach to director of bball ops but the pay was more then what EMU pays assistant coaches. He later became a full assistant coach.

I don't include Pilo in this list as he did not have an EMU job after that staff was terminated as he was hired at UofM.
05-01-2007 04:52 PM
iceman1212 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: E-M-U

lawson went from emu to cmu... better football team, some may argue it is a step up.

For the most part, emu has been lucky- it's better coaches in smaller sports have stuck around.
Berrington (vb)
baird (softball)
wilce (gymnastics)
goodridge (cc)
linn (swimming)
coryell (baseball)
fairchild (track andfield)

and lets not forget SID jim streeter who i'm sure has gotten offers to bigger and better things.

emu has a fantastic tradition in smaller sports and i believe this season really showed (all the mac titles- and maybe more to come) how good they are. 02-13-banana
05-01-2007 05:40 PM
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ

steve-Bingle is the head coach now at Minn. and won the Big 10's recently. The former head coach at Minn. wanted to groom him in for a couple of years before taking over this year.
05-01-2007 05:52 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
we'll have to use an * on this one
he though he left an EMU asst job for a MN. asst job, but there is an asterik (an implied job promotion).
05-01-2007 06:18 PM
stringemwell1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
MBB Coach !!!
You guys need to look at your basketball caoch's resume, CAL 5 yrs, Michigan 4 yrs, PAC 10, BIG 10, not chop liver people, and you better hope he does'nt win to fast here or it could be adious !
05-02-2007 07:58 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

he's also an emu alum, but yeah good point.
05-02-2007 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.