Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- TAXES SUCK
Bookmark and Share
HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies!
OT- TAXES SUCK
I'm filing my taxes and my parent's taxes right now and it blows. I just thought I'd let everyone know. Turbo Tax does help though.
02-24-2007 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU

Keep voting the dems in and we will pay more and more. Not saying that the Republicans don't spend but they believe(as I do) that cutting taxes stimulates the economy and generates increased revenue. Raising taxes(or repealing those enacted currently) stunts the growth of our economy. Maybe there are less hand outs under republicans(good thing in my eyes) but personally, I will pay less taxes.
02-24-2007 12:10 PM
CHoran24 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan & NIU

klake87 Wrote:Keep voting the dems in and we will pay more and more. Not saying that the Republicans don't spend but they believe(as I do) that cutting taxes stimulates the economy and generates increased revenue. Raising taxes(or repealing those enacted currently) stunts the growth of our economy. Maybe there are less hand outs under republicans(good thing in my eyes) but personally, I will pay less taxes.

And it begins...
02-24-2007 12:43 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

klake87 Wrote:Keep voting the dems in and we will pay more and more. Not saying that the Republicans don't spend but they believe(as I do) that cutting taxes stimulates the economy and generates increased revenue. Raising taxes(or repealing those enacted currently) stunts the growth of our economy. Maybe there are less hand outs under republicans(good thing in my eyes) but personally, I will pay less taxes.
...and yet your fiscally conservative republican President has run up the worst debt in U.S. history.
02-24-2007 01:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies!

dynovinyl Wrote:
...and yet your fiscally conservative republican President has run up the worst debt in U.S. history.

that's because of the war.
02-24-2007 02:08 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox

well duh... When's the last time you saw someone else start an unnecessary war and not rack up a bunch of debt.
Klake may be right I'm not too partial on either party (I vote both ways on different issues so I'm not really for one party).
But personally... if one party is wasting my money on a war that shouldn't have taken place and the other one is wasting it on health care and education I think I know where my vote goes.
02-24-2007 02:13 PM
Advertisement

Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

HuskieFan84 Wrote:well duh... When's the last time you saw someone else start an unnecessary war and not rack up a bunch of debt.
Klake may be right I'm not too partial on either party (I vote both ways on different issues so I'm not really for one party).
But personally... if one party is wasting my money on a war that shouldn't have taken place and the other one is wasting it on health care and education I think I know where my vote goes.

Don't be naive... Most of the Dems voted for the war.

Funny how you call it an "unnecessary war". If Global Terrorism is not a war worth fighting, what is? It is handwringers like you who are hampering our war effort. This thing would not be dragging on like it is if libs like you weren't hamstringing our efforts. You cannot fight a politically correct war.

I hope you feel good that you are on the side of the radical Muslim Islamo-Fascists and not the USA. They are loving your position on the war. They are counting on it. They know they cannot beat us militarily - so they are counting on our own liberal citizens forcing an end to the war because they don't have the stomach for it. Your attitude is putting our troops at increased risk because your anti-war statements embolden the enemy. Good job. When we finally pull out without a win, the Islamo-Fascists can thay you personally.
02-24-2007 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

lmfao lmfao lmfao
Way to twist his words, Kedz. lmfao
02-24-2007 03:17 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

tax question for tax accountants:

if i have a rental property and if i dont deduct depreciation, do i have to do depreciation recapture when i do sell it (even if i never depreciated it)...the property is only going to be rented out a year or two....it used to be my principal residence before i moved out.....
02-24-2007 03:23 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Wrote:
dynovinyl Wrote:

While he did rack up a lot(as mentioned above) on an unneccesary war, not ALL of the wasteful spending is because of it.
02-24-2007 03:23 PM
HuskieFever1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Kedzman Wrote:
HuskieFan84 Wrote:well duh... When's the last time you saw someone else start an unnecessary war and not rack up a bunch of debt.

Don't be naive... Most of the Dems voted for the war.

Funny how you call it an "unnecessary war". If Global Terrorism is not a war worth fighting, what is? It is handwringers like you who are hampering our war effort. This thing would not be dragging on like it is if libs like you weren't hamstringing our efforts. You cannot fight a politically correct war.

I hope you feel good that you are on the side of the radical Muslim Islamo-Fascists and not the USA. They are loving your position on the war. They are counting on it. They know they cannot beat us militarily - so they are counting on our own liberal citizens forcing an end to the war because they don't have the stomach for it. Your attitude is putting our troops at increased risk because your anti-war statements embolden the enemy. Good job. When we finally pull out without a win, the Islamo-Fascists can thay you personally.

Who exactly are we fighting? Would it be the Sunnis, Shiites, Turkomen, Kurds, Al Qaeda, Taliban, Pakis,....???? Does anybody know who the troops are shooting at?
02-24-2007 04:16 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

jjj Wrote:tax question for tax accountants:

if i have a rental property and if i dont deduct depreciation, do i have to do depreciation recapture when i do sell it (even if i never depreciated it)...the property is only going to be rented out a year or two....it used to be my principal residence before i moved out.....

No you don't have to recapture if you do not take depreciation. The way depreciation works is you have your cost basis and take a percentage of it as an expense every year. It you don't take it, then your basis is what you paid for it. It you do, then you take your basis less amounts you have taken as depreciation. You gain would be your selling price - your basis in the property.
02-24-2007 05:20 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I love paying taxes.
Higher the better.
Taxes pay for the many services I enjoy.
Tax dollars are seldom wasted.
Without taxes NIU would not exist.
To the victors go the spoils I say !

America was founded by borrowing money from future taxpayers to pay for assistance from the ever grateful French. In exchange we got a statue and an opportunity to save their sorry arses in WW2.

Long live higher taxes.

If you think computing taxes is a tough challenge, just try soduku.
02-24-2007 07:03 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

klake,

i have read articles that say you still have to figure in deprecaition whether or not you take it....you positive?

this is from the irs site....

11.4 Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals: Sales, Trades, Exchanges

We are selling rental property and have never claimed depreciation. What do we do about this when we file our taxes?

When reporting the sale of or computing gain or loss on rental property, you are required to make an adjustment to your basis for allowable depreciation regardless of whether the deduction was taken. For more information refer to Publication 544, Sales or Other Dispositions of Assets, and the Form 4797 Instructions, Sales of Business Property.
02-24-2007 09:21 PM
garyindiana Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

HuskiesComeOnYouHuskies Wrote:
dynovinyl Wrote:

it doesn't make sense to cut taxes and go to war....... It would be like asking to be paid less at your job and spending more money on goods. Not very logical.
02-27-2007 01:18 PM
garyindiana Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

oh by the way everyone major combat in Iraq ended May 1, 2003. I wonder why we are sending 20,000 more troops there???
02-27-2007 01:24 PM
Advertisement

onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU

garyindiana Wrote:oh by the way everyone major combat in Iraq ended May 1, 2003. I wonder why we are sending 20,000 more troops there???

So Shooter can keep getting his stock dividend checks from Haliburton.
03-02-2007 07:23 PM
kentfan32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent

"it doesn't make sense to cut taxes and go to war....... It would be like asking to be paid less at your job and spending more money on goods. Not very logical"

You, like most people, don't understand economics. War or no war, you cut taxes so Joe Smoe american has more money in his pocket. He in turn goes and spends that money(which is taxed when spent), in turn making sure Joe Smoe cashier still has a job, etc. In the long run everyone is happier, the gov't has more taxes than they would if the Dems taxed the s*&% out of everyone, and the economy is strong. Sad thing is the drive by media doesn't report how strong our economy is and the average american can't figure it out for themselves. The war is like a half percent of our GDP, not the best way to spend money I agree but it doesnt effect everything as much as you think.
04-05-2007 12:20 PM
garyindiana Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

kentfan32 Wrote:"it doesn't make sense to cut taxes and go to war....... It would be like asking to be paid less at your job and spending more money on goods. Not very logical"

You, like most people, don't understand economics. War or no war, you cut taxes so Joe Smoe american has more money in his pocket. He in turn goes and spends that money(which is taxed when spent), in turn making sure Joe Smoe cashier still has a job, etc. In the long run everyone is happier, the gov't has more taxes than they would if the Dems taxed the s*&% out of everyone, and the economy is strong. Sad thing is the drive by media doesn't report how strong our economy is and the average american can't figure it out for themselves. The war is like a half percent of our GDP, not the best way to spend money I agree but it doesnt effect everything as much as you think.

I have taken economic classes, and understand economies to an extent on the micro and macro level. I have noticed that the "trickle down" economics instituted by Ronald Reagan really hasn't worked the way most conservatives would have you believe. It pretty much makes the rich richer, while the poor have to pay higher taxes.
04-05-2007 03:34 PM
kentfan32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kent

History is the proof, the ecomony has florished under the Reagan and Bush tax cuts, while we were in recession shortly after Clinton left office. It is amazing we aren't in a depression now if you think of what the economy has shrugged off the last 6 years. 9/11, Katrina, war on terror, enron/corp scandel, $3 gas, an inherited recession... imagine if Gore had won, came in and raised taxes and cut the military budget.... then 9/11 happpened, we would still be in recession and everyone would be crying about there 401K being half what it used to be. Tax and spend doesnt work because the gov't is very inefficient with money no matter who is in charge. For instance, congress has spent the last month or so trying to pass a non-binding resolution about Irag. Non-binding means it doesn't mean anything, more or less an opinion. A month they spent on this. In the business world this would be known as a waste of time and money, but in gov't its business as usual.
04-06-2007 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.