Rice game
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Rice shoots 32 free throws, we shoot 5 03-confused
02-21-2004 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

Oh well, we got jobbed. That's the way it is. :frown:
Now, will Rice have some guts and return the trip?

I know they are SUPPOSSED to, but something tells me they will figure a way out of it.
02-21-2004 04:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunKate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I was at the game. The Cajuns blew a good lead. It was very disappointing, but I think they could have pulled it out if not for a few bad calls from the refs and a few bad plays and Ced's expulsion.

Autry Court is very small and therefore very loud, even though it was not nearly full. The student section chanted "Florida Dropout" at Orien quite a bit, and "Sit down, Coach" at Jesse. There were quite a few Cajun fans there and they got vocal at times.

The only thing (besides the loss, of course) that kind of diminished the experience for me was a sign a Rice students was holding that said "Tiger Rejects". That irked me...a lot.

Anyway, it was hard to swallow, but all that matters is the tourney, so to me North Texas is a bigger game than Rice. Still it sucked to drive all the way to Houston to see the Cajuns lose in glorified gym. We'll get them next year in the Dome.
02-21-2004 08:41 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

CajunKate Wrote:I was at the game. The Cajuns blew a good lead. It was very disappointing, but I think they could have pulled it out if not for a few bad calls from the refs and a few bad plays and Ced's expulsion.

Autry Court is very small and therefore very loud, even though it was not nearly full. The student section chanted "Florida Dropout" at Orien quite a bit, and "Sit down, Coach" at Jesse. There were quite a few Cajun fans there and they got vocal at times.

The only thing (besides the loss, of course) that kind of diminished the experience for me was a sign a Rice students was holding that said "Tiger Rejects". That irked me...a lot.

Anyway, it was hard to swallow, but all that matters is the tourney, so to me North Texas is a bigger game than Rice. Still it sucked to drive all the way to Houston to see the Cajuns lose in glorified gym. We'll get them next year in the Dome.
Kate, Thanks for that report from the gym :D , I know we did not shoot many free throws compared to them, how was the game called? Do you think it was one sided? I heard at one point toward the end of the game Jay said we had like 19 turnovers 03-puke That makes me sick. Was their defense that good or what? I am soooo tired of losing games like this one. I don't think anyone would disagree that we have very good talent, so if it's not that :rolleyes:
02-21-2004 08:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Forgot to ask, how was the Cajun crowd there? I know Houston has a large UL alumni base.
02-22-2004 12:08 AM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Someone said we had 800 there. Sounds like a decent crowd for us.
02-22-2004 02:57 AM
CajunKate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Cajun crowd was very large. Much bigger than I expected. I'd guess around 1/3 of the crowd...maybe 700 people. We passed several Cajun fans on the Interstate on the way home.

The refs were pretty terrible. Especially to Chris Cameron. he got some really s***ty calls made on him. Totally ticky tack. The moments when the players were "out of control" of the ball really made the difference. My biggest gripe with this team is they go for the showboat move at the absolute wrong time in the game. In my opinion, in a game with Rice you don't do any of that crap until you're up by about 20. There's no doubt in my mind that they should have won yesterday, absolutely. Oh, and I think Ced's expusion hurt us, too. He was really playing well, and not drawing the fouls that Cameron was. When he left Coach had to put Cameron, who already had 4 fouls, back into the game. Most of the time Ced just emabarrasses himself and his school with his actions, but yesterday Ced really screwed his teammates. I hope they let him know that, too.

All that being said, I really don't care about this loss all that much. I just want them to fix what's wrong before the tourney and get their butts to the Dance this year. I know a lot of Cajun fans are ticked right now, but I'll be really mad if we don't get the the NCAA this year.
02-22-2004 07:30 AM
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

CajunKate Wrote:All that being said, I really don't care about this loss all that much. I just want them to fix what's wrong before the tourney and get their butts to the Dance this year. I know a lot of Cajun fans are ticked right now, but I'll be really mad if we don't get the the NCAA this year.
Thanks Kate, me too. :frown:
02-22-2004 12:06 PM
WKUTops18 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Not trying to start anything but wasnt the guy you call "Ced" the one who went balistic in the game with us. I hope you guys can learn how to control him because this is where people get off calling your team a bunch of classless thugs. As much as it sucks that one player gives ur team a bad rep. I have not been to many WKU games this year because I live in Lexington and hate UK but for the most part I havent seen our players act in a classless manner. Good luck to you all and see you in the tourney. Hope some of you will make the drive to BG.
02-22-2004 12:12 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

WKUTops18 Wrote:Not trying to start anything but wasnt the guy you call "Ced" the one who went balistic in the game with us. I hope you guys can learn how to control him because this is where people get off calling your team a bunch of classless thugs. As much as it sucks that one player gives ur team a bad rep. I have not been to many WKU games this year because I live in Lexington and hate UK but for the most part I havent seen our players act in a classless manner. Good luck to you all and see you in the tourney. Hope some of you will make the drive to BG.
I do not think a team or fan base should be judged by the actions or words of one player or fan. I have watched Cedric play. He is a talented player and at times a hothead. His maturity has been questioned by many Cajun fans. With that said, I do not see how immaturity of being a hothead warrants the"classless thug" tag. This thug buisness and the "dancing in the middle of the floor after games" has gotten way out of control as evidenced by the actions of a few Hilltopper fans at the last game in Diddle. What was once a very good "heated" rivalry has turned intp something IMO very ugly. I feel it is up to us as fans to put this BS behind us and concentrate on the actual game being played between our teams whether it be basketball, football, baseball or whatever. The constant bickering that Cajun and Hilltopper fans have been doing the past few years over this crap to me makes us look classless. Lets move past it and get back to the old fashioned "heated rivalry" we once enjoyed. Good luck to WKU and I hope our teams get to meet up at some point during the tournement.
02-22-2004 01:23 PM
Advertisement

zeester Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Hey Tops, I have no love lost for Ced, and I don't want to get into a heated debate, but your own fans on "The Haven" said Ced was provoked unmercifully.

One guy, with kids in tow, was dropping F bombs, and telling Ced that a cell was waiting for him once he got out of UL. Go back and check your archives.

give the thug thing a rest, please.

Z.
02-22-2004 02:03 PM
CajunKate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

WKUTops18 Wrote:Not trying to start anything but wasnt the guy you call "Ced" the one who went balistic in the game with us. I hope you guys can learn how to control him because this is where people get off calling your team a bunch of classless thugs. As much as it sucks that one player gives ur team a bad rep. I have not been to many WKU games this year because I live in Lexington and hate UK but for the most part I havent seen our players act in a classless manner. Good luck to you all and see you in the tourney. Hope some of you will make the drive to BG.
I beleive my post fully intimated my opinion on Ced's temper. It should not be tolerated. He should be benched immediately. And, in Jessie's defense, he has been in the past. However, in this case, Ced was not the instigator of the altercation. I am disappointed that he responded, but he didn't start it. In fact, the officials announced the Rice player's expulsion first, yet Cedric was first to leave the court AND in a dignified manner. The same cannot be said for the Rice player who stomped out still in the throes of his tantrum. But, the fact does remain, that Cedric's exit could have been prevented if he had held his temper which, you are correct in stating, he does have a history of letting get away from him.
02-22-2004 03:41 PM
good2geaux Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

:snore:

Freaking topperfan.... :crying:
02-22-2004 09:50 PM
Advertisement

WKUTops18 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The thug thing I agree has been flying around for way to long now. I for one will admit I was one who used to fuel the fire because I get really fired up watching games that I care about. To me and this is a definatly biased opinion is that ULL seems to have a player like that every year. Its good to see sometimes that players get that fired up in basketball but Ced seems to take that to an extreme. Jesse seems to have no control over him even if he seems to want to. I was just stating that this is where many fans not just Hilltopper fans say the things they say. This is the second time I have heard about him going pshyco in a game since I started paying close attention to the team. It would seem to me that after the first time he would need to know that his actions are not tolerated. Im suprised he has not been suspended for that because if I ever see a Topper doing that no matter who it was I would want him suspended. The second time I would want him off the team. For once and for all im gonna stop with this whole Thug or Classless discussion. Every university has fans or players sometimes both that act this way. I have not seen one university with a perfect record of not getting into altercations and having perfect fans sometimes even though we dont like to admit it its what makes rivalries fun. Good Luck to you all and see you in BG.
02-24-2004 02:25 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

WKUTops18 Wrote:The thug thing I agree has been flying around for way to long now. I for one will admit I was one who used to fuel the fire because I get really fired up watching games that I care about. To me and this is a definatly biased opinion is that ULL seems to have a player like that every year. Its good to see sometimes that players get that fired up in basketball but Ced seems to take that to an extreme. Jesse seems to have no control over him even if he seems to want to. I was just stating that this is where many fans not just Hilltopper fans say the things they say. This is the second time I have heard about him going pshyco in a game since I started paying close attention to the team. It would seem to me that after the first time he would need to know that his actions are not tolerated. Im suprised he has not been suspended for that because if I ever see a Topper doing that no matter who it was I would want him suspended. The second time I would want him off the team. For once and for all im gonna stop with this whole Thug or Classless discussion. Every university has fans or players sometimes both that act this way. I have not seen one university with a perfect record of not getting into altercations and having perfect fans sometimes even though we dont like to admit it its what makes rivalries fun. Good Luck to you all and see you in  BG.
I assume you've seen the discussions about this, but could you please call us UL or Louisiana and not ULL. Thanks studentfan.
02-24-2004 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.