Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cajuns to face UNO Tues Nite
Bookmark and Share
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The cajuns will face UNO tuesday night for the championship, WEVE COME THIS FAR, LETS NOT LET IT GO NOW. CMON CAJUNS, WIN ONE FOR OLE TUFFGUY!

Tuffguy
03-09-2004 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gigig
Unregistered

Monte Towe - despite the kind words - doesn't seem to be showing the Cajuns much respect, at least the way I read this quote from Tuesday's Times Picayune:

"I'm just looking forward to playing that third night," Towe said. "It beats the alternative, playing tomorrow night or not playing. You start playing in October, and you know then it's going to come down to you having to play three games in four nights or three games in three nights.

"So we've got eight or nine or 10 kids who are willing to play and get out there and try to help us win. So I'm not concerned about playing three games in three nights. I'm real concerned about Lafayette because they're really good."
-----
Last I heard, y'all were Louisiana - or Louisiana-Lafayette to the uninitiated. You've NEVER been "Lafayette"!!!

:rolleyes:
03-09-2004 11:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Southern Miss Alum Wrote:Monte Towe - despite the kind words - doesn't seem to be showing the Cajuns much respect, at least the way I read this quote from Tuesday's Times Picayune:

"I'm just looking forward to playing that third night," Towe said. "It beats the alternative, playing tomorrow night or not playing. You start playing in October, and you know then it's going to come down to you having to play three games in four nights or three games in three nights.

"So we've got eight or nine or 10 kids who are willing to play and get out there and try to help us win. So I'm not concerned about playing three games in three nights. I'm real concerned about Lafayette because they're really good."
-----
Last I heard, y'all were Louisiana - or Louisiana-Lafayette to the uninitiated. You've NEVER been "Lafayette"!!!

:rolleyes:
You are right, we're either Louisiana, Louisiana-Lafayette, or simply the ragin cajuns. If I were Evans, I'd use that, we have more talent, now we just need something to spark this team, and his statement calling us Lafayette is all I think we need. Lets show him where the real University of Louisiana is located.

Tuffguy
03-09-2004 11:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Never have liked Monte and never will like Monte. I hate the man. Its his cockiness for as a coach of an average SBC team. Thats all Uneaux-overbydalake will ever be, AVERAGE. Monte ain't got what it takes to be a true winner. He will choke!!!!

LSU-NO goes down tonight!!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
03-09-2004 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunKate Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Monte ain't the only one! Kermit Davis referred to us as Lafayette during his TV interview last night, too. From what I've heard all the SunBlet b-ball coaches do. What's up with that? I mean, I can very slightly understand in football becuase Monroe is in the conference with us, but they are not part of the SunBelt for basketball.

Even my brother, a McNeese Sate alum who watched the game with us last night, said Davis' comments seemed like a backhanded compliment with the use of Lafayette as our name. What I really wonder is do they KNOw that it ticks us off, and do it on purpose? I have heard the other coaches are not fond of Jesse. Hmmmmmm...
03-09-2004 07:09 PM
FLYTOP Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hey Cajun Kate,I feel what you are saying about being referred to as ULL , I can't personallly say that I have heard Coach Horn say ULL but around her in WKU country you are UL........ Last year there was talk of Coaches not likeing or Careing about Coach Evans but until he proves me wrong I have nothing but RESPECT for him. I wish more of your fanbase would openly realize that you all have a Hell of a Coach and not call for his Job everytime they lose the a game..And by the way GoodLuck tonight with UNO, I'm on my way to the Championship game. GO Cajuns 04-bow
03-09-2004 07:52 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

FLYTOP Wrote:Hey Cajun Kate,I feel what you are saying about being referred to as ULL , I can't personallly say that I have heard Coach Horn say ULL but around her in WKU country you are UL........ Last year there was talk of Coaches not likeing or Careing about Coach Evans but until he proves me wrong I have nothing but RESPECT for him. I wish more of your fanbase would openly realize that you all have a Hell of a Coach and not call for his Job everytime they lose the a game..And by the way GoodLuck tonight with UNO, I'm on my way to the Championship game. GO Cajuns 04-bow
Thanks FlyTop
03-09-2004 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.