Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WKU to MAC has been confirmed.
Bookmark and Share
convoy53 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The radio station sports guy in Lexington Kentucky has been reached and stands by his story. WKU to the MAC.
We have been unable to confirm MTSU.
04-23-2004 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unixmaster
Unregistered

convoy53 Wrote:The radio station sports guy in Lexington Kentucky has been reached and stands by his story. WKU to the MAC.
Give it up.

You have no credibility on this. This has already proved false before. Provide a link to a credible source. If not, go away. :mad:

If you are a Western fan, you are pathetic, and end up making a lot of gullible Western fans look like fools. 05-nono
04-23-2004 10:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
DC_Clone
Unregistered

convoy53 Wrote:The radio station sports guy in Lexington Kentucky has been reached and stands by his story. WKU to the MAC.
Hmmmmmmmm. Someone confirmed their own story. :ninja: . Now that's info you can take to the bank isn't it?
04-23-2004 10:28 PM
convoy53 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It has been confirmed by the radio guy that reported it.

How to confirm the WKU to MAC Story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the e-mail of the man that was to have said the story on air. Write him.

jimtirey@clearchannel.com

Mark
HH Original
(4/23/04 12:49 pm)
Reply Re: How to confirm the WKU to MAC Story
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already did and am waiting for a reply. Not sure what his work schedule is, but if he has left for the day he might not check his email until Monday.

Prime Rate
HH Original
(4/23/04 1:03 pm)
Re: How to confirm the WKU to MAC Story

Here's the email I got back from him (jim tirey of clearchannel radio)

Mark,

My sources have confirmed this but it is not public yet. Unless a huge disaster happens (which is not out of the question regarding WKU), it will happen. They'll start play in basketball 2005-06, football 2005, I think...

JT
04-23-2004 10:33 PM
topper1974 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

SpaceRaider Wrote:
Give it up.

You have no credibility on this. This has already proved false before. Provide a link to a credible source. If not, go away. :mad:

If you are a Western fan, you are pathetic, and end up making a lot of gullible Western fans look like fools. 05-nono
How has this been proven false? It may not have been proven true just yet, but it also hasn't been proven otherwise (at least for WKU).

As for MTSU, whether it also involves you guys going to the MAC or not...that is irrelevant. I'm really only concerned about WKU. Maybe the guy's report is false. Maybe it is true. Personally, I just plan on sitting back and seeing if there's an announcement anytime soon. If there isn't, then I'll assume we'll continue being in the Gateway for football and the Sun Belt for most of our other sports.
04-23-2004 10:55 PM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State

this sounds like something made up by a WAC fan to bust up the SBC so the WAC can be in the drivers seat and cherry pick only who they want for WAC expansion...
04-23-2004 11:05 PM
Advertisement

Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

I sent James Tirey an email myself and he sent me a similar response saying that his contacts have given him this information but it is not finalized yet.

Don't know whether he is full of hot air or not, but I did some checking and found out that he is an alum of WKU. In fact, he played football for WKU when he attended so he may have an inside source.
04-24-2004 08:04 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

JSinLR Wrote:this sounds like something made up by a WAC fan to bust up the SBC so the WAC can be in the drivers seat and cherry pick only who they want for WAC expansion...
. . .or probably a WAC official.

I find it very interesting that someone is trying to make the Sun Belt look shaky in the far eastern half with schools that were NOT mentioned in future WAC expansion.

Coincidence?

Hell, for all we know, Karl Benson probably paid off an idiot radio broadcaster in a town that is home to the University of Kentucky and not Western Kentucky just to have the broadcaster shoot his mouth off loud enough over worthless unresearched garbage!

In that event, schools in the Sun Belt who were mentioned in future WAC expansion who have already expressed their desire not to join the WAC could be more persuaded to go.

I think the UTEP invite is coming very soon, and Karl Benson knows it. He thought he knew UTEP, but the Miners are headed out the WAC's door!
04-24-2004 08:08 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Aren't you that same pathetic loser that said Temple and Western Kentucky were going to CUSA? I bet you are a Hilltopper fan, just like Space said!

I guess you feel that your Hilltoppers are left out of the conference realignment talk so much that you have to make up some garbage for yourself!

And then you'll hear Mr. Selig make another announcment! I can hear him now!

"These rumors likely started in some Internet chatroom by a complete idiot who calls himself Convoy53. Any sensible person would realize that the only conferences our school makes sense for are the Gateway and the Sun Belt. Please disregard these completely moronic statements being made by lying SOB's like Convoy53 and a closet Wildcat fan who runs a radio show in Lexington and who's main purpose in life is to try to make our university look bad by giving all of the other members of the conferences we are affiliated with the impression that our adminstrative officials are insensitive arrogant bastards."
04-24-2004 08:18 AM
Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane
Unregistered

Convoy did start some pretty crazy rumors about C-USA.

However, WKU seems to be more than a rumor and I know that you are one of the MTSU fans that want to be loyal to the Sun Belt and stay there but there have been talks with MTSU also.

At the MAC basketball tournament back in March, a very reliable source reported that the MAC was interested in both WKU and MTSU. MTSU might not want to go to the MAC so that might not happen, but I would not be the least surprised to see WKU move to the MAC.
04-24-2004 08:48 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

rocketfootball Wrote:Convoy did start some pretty crazy rumors about C-USA.

However, WKU seems to be more than a rumor and I know that you are one of the MTSU fans that want to be loyal to the Sun Belt and stay there but there have been talks with MTSU also.

At the MAC basketball tournament back in March, a very reliable source reported that the MAC was interested in both WKU and MTSU. MTSU might not want to go to the MAC so that might not happen, but I would not be the least surprised to see WKU move to the MAC.
If we are having talks with the MAC, it would only be a contingency plan in case our "West of the River" core bails on us. Otherwise, I don't think we would leave.

I like the MAC and it has a nice reputation of producing giant killers, but I want to see the Sun Belt flourish where everyone on God's green Earth says it is done for.
04-24-2004 08:53 AM
Advertisement

Diddle Bum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

If MTSU has a choice of staying in the SBC or going to the MAC, I woudl hope your administration would chose the MAC. TWO bowl games (maybe three soon), better TV contract, better teams, established conference. The SBC only ha s ONE bowl game, a terrible TV deal, pethetic football teams, no respect, and an uncertain future. The SBC might survive this round of conf. changes, but it won't the next in 5-6 years.

The MAC is the OBVIOUS choice. With WKU going to, MTSU remains a close rival and GAINS a close rival in football which will help attendance.
04-24-2004 09:24 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

I've come to the conclusion that I will rarely believe anything a WKU poster says about conference realignment. They never have "credible" sources and love to start rumors. I'll believe it when I see, but I doubt anything will happen.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
04-24-2004 10:06 AM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

I can't see the MAC picking up a team when their unproven in 1A football, since football is the driving sport for realignment. Sorry but that's just my opinion on it.
04-25-2004 01:30 AM
DexterEagle Away
1st String

I Root For: EMU, MSU, SVSU,

studentfan Wrote:I can't see the MAC picking up a team when their unproven in 1A football, since football is the driving sport for realignment.  Sorry but that's just my opinion on it.
Actually, the MAC readmitted Marshall when they moved up from the I-AA Southern Conference and admitted Buffalo when they were just founding a I-A football program.
04-25-2004 02:03 AM
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If Western Kentucky becomes a member of the MAC and Midde Tennessee chooses to stay loyal to the Sun Belt, this will prove to me that Western has a better vision for its future than Middle.

As an alum of both Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee, I would like to see them do what is best for their students and alumni. In my view, these two schools would better serve their student-athletes and alumni by becoming members of the Mid American Conference.
04-25-2004 10:39 AM
Advertisement

Talons Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

It really seems as though some would have the SBC disappear rather than to support it and help it become a viable contender in college athletics. Why? just curious
04-25-2004 01:15 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Talons Wrote:It really seems as though some would have the SBC disappear rather than to support it and help it become a viable contender in college athletics. Why? just curious
Good question. IMHO, 3 years is not enough time to know the answer as to whether or not this can be a quality football conference.
04-25-2004 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nashvillegoldenflash Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Talons Wrote:It really seems as though some would have the SBC disappear rather than to support it and  help it become a viable contender in college athletics. Why? just curious
The geographic distances of schools in the Sun Belt Conference are appalling. For this reason, the SBC is a logistical nightmare that cannot survive in the long run.

Even if the Sun Belt was able to sustain itself in the coming years, I would still like to see MTSU and WKU in the MAC because of its prestige.

There is a saying, “You’re known by the company you keep.
04-25-2004 04:37 PM
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

You did a bad job of your statement.

"Maybe it is because I am from Ohio and have always been a fan of the MAC, but to me being in the company of Miami University, Ohio University, University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, and Kent State University is better than being in the company of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Arkansas State University, the University of Denver, Florida International University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the University of New Orleans, the University of South Alabama and the University of Louisiana at Monroe. "

Wow, Anybody can take the 4 best teams in a league and plug the worst teams in another league. Suppose the cajuns do get La Tech like its looking like, you could say "who would you rather assosiate yourself with? La Tech, North Texas, Troy State, Arkansas State, and Louisiana, or you can assosiate yourself with Central Michigan, Buffalo, Akron, Ball State, and Eastern Michigan." Dont get me wrong, The MAC is a good league, but theyd be going from a 3 year old league that already has a bowl game, and hopefully 2 eventually, and gets 1 bid in basketball to a league with 14 teams and only 2 bowl games and also its a 1 big league as well. Truly it would be nothing better than a lateral move. WKU is a different story, they have the holier than thou attitude and I'm to a point that I'd be more than happy to see them go.
04-25-2004 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.