Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Orleans Bowl telecast moved to ESPN
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

<a href='http://football.sunbeltsports.org/x/article/3119' target='_blank'>LINK</a>

Dec. 14 at 6:30 p.m. CST

July 9th, 2004

Officials for the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation and the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl announced today that the national television broadcast of the 2004 New Orleans Bowl will be rescheduled from ESPN2 to ESPN.

In making the decision to move the 2004 bowl game to the patriarch of the ESPN family, network executives recognized the growth of the New Orleans Bowl over the past 3 years, the addition of Wyndham as a title sponsor, and the positioning of the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl as the official launch of the bowl season. For bowl executives, the move represents another major step in the growth of the game. Bowl Executive Director, Ron Maestri, commented, "For the Wyndham New Orleans Bowl, this move serves as a real testament to the relationship and partnership we've developed with ESPN, and their commitment to the growth of this game. It certainly marks another major milestone in the 4 year history of our event."

For Wyndham, in their first year as the Bowl's title sponsor, the timing couldn't be better. "We are ecstatic that ESPN has created the opportunity for us to shine a larger national light on the 2004 game and this community. We can't think of a better way for ESPN to kick off the bowl season", commented Gary Froeba, Wyndham's General Manager/Area Director of Operations in New Orleans.

The first game of the 2004 college bowl season, The Wyndham New Orleans Bowl matches the Sun Belt Conference Champion against Conference USA, and will be played in the Louisiana Superdome on Tuesday, December 14th, at 6:30 pm CST.

[Image: NOB_color.jpg]
07-09-2004 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

This is a huge move 04-cheers
07-09-2004 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Like I said before, the tradition is just beginning......... 04-cheers
07-09-2004 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trojans1andAll Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy

What kind of company is Wyndham?

GO TROJANS!
07-09-2004 05:36 PM
Advertisement

ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Wyndham owns hotels & resorts.....
07-09-2004 05:46 PM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

This is OUTSTANDING news for the SBC and its football teams! We are by decades the youngest of the 1-A football conferences as the WAC is 40+ years old, the MAC is 50+ years old, CUSA is ?? years old, and the SBC is only 4 years old. Moving to a South/Southeast regional alignment is only going to help the SBC grow and prosper. Expect FIU and FAU to flourish and you will not be disappointed.
04-cheers
07-09-2004 06:18 PM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Trojans1andAll Wrote:What kind of company is Wyndham?

GO TROJANS!

Click on the link below for the answer to your question; Wyndham is big time so bring a big checkbook if you decide to check in!

<a href='http://www.wyndham.com' target='_blank'>Wyndham Hotels</a> :D
07-09-2004 06:21 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

C-USA first year was 1996, not quite a decade but close :D
07-09-2004 06:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.