Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best QB in the Sun Belt
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I know some of these guys may not even be the starter come opening day but I went with who I thought would start or who started last season.
07-25-2004 08:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

I had to vote for Jerry. He really came around at the end of last season and feel that he will continue to play the way he did when closing out the 2003 season. I also gave a lot of consideration to UNT's QB, but just felt that UNT will rely more on Cobbs than the QB.
07-25-2004 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unixmaster
Unregistered

My suspicion is that Clint Marks will be the starter at Middle Tennessee. I like Josh Harris who is very smart and quick and has a nice touch, but Marks played more last season as a #2 and the team responded to him like no QB since Wes Counts back in 2001. I thought very early on that Marks should have been startin over the senior Andrico Hines in 2003. If he gets the protection I believe Marks can be the best QB.

<a href='http://goblueraiders.com/?go=player&id=1231' target='_blank'>Clint Marks</a>
[Image: pic5063.jpg]
07-26-2004 10:06 PM
Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

SpaceRaider Wrote:My suspicion is that Clint Marks will be the starter at Middle Tennessee. I like Josh Harris who is very smart and quick and has a nice touch, but Marks played more last season as a #2 and the team responded to him like no QB since Wes Counts back in 2001. I thought very early on that Marks should have been startin over the senior Andrico Hines in 2003. If he gets the protection I believe Marks can be the best QB.

<a href='http://goblueraiders.com/?go=player&id=1231' target='_blank'>Clint Marks</a>
Harris played well enough against us :frown: sure wish I could have seen that game even if it was just on TV.
07-26-2004 10:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I am pretty sure Babb is winning because there are more Cajun fans here than other schools but I truely believe that Babb and Jyles will be better than Hall this season.
07-26-2004 10:15 PM
Advertisement

DC_Clone
Unregistered

Best quarterback in the Sun Belt ? Hmmmmm. For our team and system we've got the best. Scott hall & Drew Smith. Both have the distinction of winning championships & Drew also brought home a bowl win over Cincy. According to College Football News they are the #50 rated quarterback unit in the country & the highest rated in the conference.
07-26-2004 10:25 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

MeanGreen61 Wrote:Best quarterback in the Sun Belt ? Hmmmmm. For our team and system we've got the best. Scott hall & Drew Smith. Both have the distinction of winning championships & Drew also brought home a bowl win over Cincy. According to College Football News they are the #50 rated quarterback unit in the country & the highest rated in the conference.
I am not saying Hall or Smith are not good QB's, having Patrick Cobbs to hand the ball off to helps 03-wink
07-26-2004 10:34 PM
DC_Clone
Unregistered

SwampHound Wrote:
MeanGreen61 Wrote:Best quarterback in the Sun Belt ? Hmmmmm. For our team and system we've got the best. Scott hall & Drew Smith. Both have the distinction of winning championships&nbsp; & Drew also brought home a bowl win over Cincy. According to College Football News they are the #50 rated quarterback unit in the country & the highest rated in the conference.
I am not saying Hall or Smith are not good QB's, having Patrick Cobbs to hand the ball off to helps 03-wink
Having a 59.4 completion percentage (165-98 for 13TDs) last season didn't hurt Hall either. If he'd thrown enough passes he would have been ranked in the top ten on effeciency. 04-bow
07-27-2004 02:53 AM
Unixmaster
Unregistered

SwampHound Wrote:
SpaceRaider Wrote:My suspicion is that Clint Marks will be the starter at Middle Tennessee.&nbsp; I like Josh Harris who is very smart and quick and has a nice touch, but Marks played more last season as a #2 and the team responded to him like no QB since Wes Counts back in 2001.&nbsp; I thought very early on that Marks should have been startin&nbsp; over the senior Andrico Hines in 2003.&nbsp; If he gets the protection I believe Marks can be the best QB.

Harris played well enough against us :frown: sure wish I could have seen that game even if it was just on TV.
On the very same series that Andrico Hines got hurt, Marks came in and hit his throwing hand on someone's helmet. Then Harris got the call. The thing about Harris' performance against the Cajuns was he was our #3 QB going in to the game and probably didn't see a lot of snaps earlier in the week.
07-27-2004 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.