Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FLORIDA ATLANTIC STUNS HAWAII!!!
Bookmark and Share
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>In the conference realignment saga losing New Mexico State, Idaho, and Utah State and replacing them with Florida Atlantic and Florida International, I think we got the better deal!

Way to go Owls! I can't wait to have ya'll in our conference full-time!

The Sun Belt is on the rise!!</span></span></span>
09-05-2004 07:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

littlebittyschool Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TROY

Good job Owls! I saw the score come accross this morning. 04-cheers
09-05-2004 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

littlebittyschool Wrote:Good job Owls! I saw the score come accross this morning. 04-cheers
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Hey, Troy did our conference a good service too! Marshall fans, much like Hawaii fans are in "meltdown mode" right now.

I love it!

You should check out the WAC forum if you have access to it. Those crybabies in the West have a protective guard on their NCAAbbs forum requiring you to register for offline forums.

I don't need to waste my time. I'm glad we're ditching the Ags and the Vandals. I thought they recruited handsome WAC recruits, but these teams got mutilated by their competition.

Utah State lost 48-17 to unranked Alabama
New Mexico State lost 63-13 to unranked Arkansas
Idaho lost 65-7 to an unranked team from a non-BC$ conference

I think we are losing these schools just in time for them to blow chunks. What do you think?</span></span></span>
09-05-2004 08:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Sarahbelle18 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy Trojans

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans Bowl

rats! I had this game tivoed and was watching it when I read the title for this thread. :crying:
09-05-2004 08:33 AM
Advertisement

MaXx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: FIU

Amazing win for the Owls. It's amazing how far their team has come from the 2-9 team a couple of years ago.
09-05-2004 08:42 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

WAY TO GEAUX OWLS!!! I feel bad for that WACky conference! NOT!!!
09-05-2004 09:36 AM
untbowler Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Great win FAU keep up the great work.
Next Saturday will be great!!

GO MEAN GREEN ruffle the OWLS!!!!
04-cheers
09-05-2004 10:22 AM
Advertisement

Sarahbelle18 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy Trojans

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans Bowl

Great Game Owls!

I know the Warriors are still stunned by this loss. I'll be worried about you guys coming to Troy later this season. :ninja:
09-05-2004 06:30 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Owls Down Hawaii In Overtime, 35-28
Sept. 5, 2004
By JAYMES SONG
AP Sports Writer

HONOLULU (AP) - Doug Parker scored on a 7-yard run in overtime as Division I-AA Florida Atlantic rallied to upset Hawaii 35-28 Saturday night in the season opener for both teams. After the Warriors failed to get into the end zone in overtime, the Owls poured onto the field at Aloha Stadium and celebrated as thousands of stunned Hawaii fans looked on. FAU tied the game 28-28 on Jared Allen's 31-yard touchdown pass to Anthony Crissinger-Hill with 23 seconds left in regulation. The Owls had a chance to win in regulation, but their extra-point attempt was blocked, sending the game into overtime.

<a href='http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090504aaa.html' target='_blank'>Link</a>
09-05-2004 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
troystfan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Way to go Owls!!! Just take it easy on us in Troy.
09-05-2004 11:30 PM
Advertisement

badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

troystfan Wrote:Way to go Owls!!! Just take it easy on us in Troy.

Excluding the Western schools that are leaving for the WAC, I was very impressed with the play of the SBC schools this weekend. We all did some good things this weekend, guys. Remember that we are only four years old as a 1-A football conference and we just went on the road and won at Hawaii and Marshall. The Cajuns defeated a 1-AA Top 20 team at home and ASU found an offense and hung 20 on #17 Mizzou at THEIR HOUSE. The SBC has so much potential!!!!!

Go SBC Football!!!!
04-cheers
09-06-2004 10:55 AM
kalca Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Thanks guys. Just got back from the game/trip! It was a barnburner!
Badgerwolf....Good Call 04-bow

Now to get ready for UNT. The dorms are still closed and the players are all living in a hotel. Frances really wreaked havoc here in Florida. Now Ivan is lurking too.

I just hope they can prepare mentally for agood UNT team.
09-08-2004 01:47 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

kalca Wrote:Thanks guys. Just got back from the game/trip! It was a barnburner!
Badgerwolf....Good Call 04-bow

Now to get ready for UNT. The dorms are still closed and the players are all living in a hotel. Frances really wreaked havoc here in Florida. Now Ivan is lurking too.

I just hope they can prepare mentally for agood UNT team.

You guys are playing under incredible adversity right now; my thoughts and prayers are with all those in the path of Ivan.

The game with UNT will be another barnburner for FAU; they are smarting from the Texas loss and they will be out to prove themselves against FAU. Prior to Hawaii many of their fans were not taking FAU seriously; now they know you will come ready to hang an 'L' on them at THEIR HOUSE. This will be a hard fought game as it affects the conference race and who goes to the NO Bowl.

Go SBC Football!!!!
04-cheers
09-08-2004 07:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.