Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Bruce Brown
bbrown@theadvertiser.com
September 14, 2004

LAFAYETTE — Rickey Bustle now knows how Jim Mora felt in 1986.
Mora guided the NFL’s New Orleans Saints to a 7-9 record in his first year with the club, competitive enough but not much for someone who had made a habit of coaching in the USFL title game.
So Mora was stunned when grateful Saints fans heaped high praise on him. He promptly let them know that 7-9 wasn’t good enough.
Bustle, whose UL Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns came achingly close to upsetting old rival Louisiana Tech in a 24-20 road loss last Saturday, was getting some appreciative pats on the back from fans on Monday.
“I know they meant well,
09-14-2004 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

My brother, I have been there! Sounds like a WKU vs. UK or UofL close one, but WKU have beat them both than they would care to admit. When WKU has beat them, the press up here(except local i.e. Bowling Green, KY.) plays it down. I wish you would have won. Do you Cajuns get a shot at LSU very often? Kentucky and Louisville avoid WKU like crazy. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? :bang: 04-cheers Oh yes, were not the RAGIN CAJUNS the last team to win the UKIT in rupp arena. I believe you were. You know what? That was the last year of that tournament! 04-cheers I love tour nickname "RAGIN CAJUNS" and have met several of your fans at Bowling Green or Diddle Arena, and have always come out making friends. U R GOOD PEOPLE!
SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS U R OK IN MY BOOK 04-cheers
09-16-2004 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

REDDOG2 Wrote:My brother, I have been there! Sounds like a WKU vs. UK or UofL close one, but WKU have beat them both than they would care to admit. When WKU has beat them, the press up here(except local i.e. Bowling Green, KY.) plays it down. I wish you would have won. Do you Cajuns get a shot at LSU very often? Kentucky and Louisville avoid WKU like crazy. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? :bang: 04-cheers Oh yes, were not the RAGIN CAJUNS the last team to win the UKIT in rupp arena. I believe you were. You know what? That was the last year of that tournament! 04-cheers I love tour nickname "RAGIN CAJUNS" and have met several of your fans at Bowling Green or Diddle Arena, and have always come out making friends. U R GOOD PEOPLE!
SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS U R OK IN MY BOOK 04-cheers
We rarely play LSwho in football and I really don't want to. As much as I dislike the school, they do have a damn good football team. LSU has set up an all-Louisiana basketball tourney to be in Baton Rouge with UL, La Tech, Tulane (Toolame), and LSU. LSU vs. Tulane and UL vs. Tech, winners play for championship, losers play consolation game.

I will try not to blow this out of proportion. We are not Southwestern Louisiana anymore. We are Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. USL is no more!
09-16-2004 06:16 PM
REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU MAD. I know the state legistlature or someone in the state government had something to do with the name change. I just remember yall beating UK in their last UKIT. I loved it. University of Louisiana Ragin Cajuns sounds great. I hope Ivan didn't do you too bad down there. We (Bowling Green, KY) have motels full of people who had to evacuate and I welcome them, just feel bad about their situation. The bb tournament you are talking about sounds great, but I think hell would freeze over before UK or Louisville would agree to it. It has been talked about but in my humble opinion it will never happen.
09-17-2004 08:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.