Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTSU Fans...
Bookmark and Share
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

What is happening with the basketball team? Terrible loss tonight I saw. Injuries? Something??? Don't tell me you guys are that bad. SBC needs some good teams.
11-27-2004 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

WKU Topper Jeff Wrote:What is happening with the basketball team? Terrible loss tonight I saw. Injuries? Something??? Don't tell me you guys are that bad. SBC needs some good teams.
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The Sun Belt Conference won seven out of eight games yesterday. Middle Tennessee provided the only blemish!

And to make matters worse, Mississippi Valley State provided the only victory for the SWAC yesterday which finished 1-5 on the day!

We were not undersized in this game and our players were a helluva lot faster! I think the guys must've just gotten lazy! Quite frankly, I think our team should apologize to the entire Sun Belt Conference for yesterday's piss-poor game and for embarrassing the conference in the face of the stink-hole Southwestern Conference!!!

I can't help but think that there must've been the ghost of Randy Wiel lurking around Middle Tennessee's bench yesterday!!

I hate to be so critical of our round-ball, but football was a disappointment and preseason prognosticators put us first in the Sun Belt East in both men's and women's basketball, so when our guys are losing to no-name teams like Mississippi Valley State, it makes it harder to believe that there is even improvement, much less, a Sun Belt division champion.</span></span></span>
11-28-2004 10:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

So no injuries? Just bad play huh?

Well hopefully it woke the team up. It had better or nothing will.
11-28-2004 04:15 PM
Advertisement

GeForce2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU

FIU(3-1) won tonight over Central Connecticut State with a 3 pointer with a 4 seconds to go. Next up is UConn on tuesday.
11-28-2004 04:36 PM
studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Good luck with UCONN, hopefully ya'll will pull off a major upset! 04-cheers
11-28-2004 06:13 PM
Unixmaster
Unregistered

The Raiders did not have Alex Weekes for the MVSU game. He really came on at the end of his freshman season and is expected to contribute heavily. He suffered a chest injury just before the start of the season and I'm not sure he had gotten all the way back before the game with Belmont last night where he played well I thought.

Chemistry with the influx of talent we have is just now starting to come and when the big guy, Steve Thomas, becomes eligible after sitting out for the transfer from uga, I think that will make a huge difference as well.

I think we just played badly at Rice and still had a chance at the end. Rice is not a bad team. At MVSU, a team that won their conference last season, I think our guys strolled in there not expecting much (reading their press clippings too much) and just got their butts whipped. It may work out to be a good thing. Sometimes you can't get their attention without a 2x4 and MVSU provided the 2x4.
11-30-2004 11:34 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.