Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Brackets:

#4 Middle Tennessee
vs.---------------------------------Middle Tenneesee
#5 New Mexico State
--------------------------------------------------------------------Middle Tennessee
#1 Louisiana
vs.---------------------------------Western Kentucky
#8 Western Kentucky

#7 New Orleans
vs.---------------------------------South Alabama
#2 South Alabama
--------------------------------------------------------------------------South Alabama
#3 Florida International (host)
vs.----------------------------------Florida International
#6 Arkansas State

Elimination games:

#1 Louisiana
vs.-----------------------------------------Louisiana
#5 New Mexico State (eliminated)

#7 New Orleans
vs.------------------------------------------New Orleans
#6 Arkansas State (eliminated)

#3 Florida International (eliminated)
vs.--------------------------------------------New Orleans
#7 New Orleans

#1 Louisiana
vs.--------------------------------------------Louisiana
#8 Western Kentucky (eliminated)

Final Four:

#7 New Orleans (eliminated)
vs.-----------------------------------------South Alabama
#2 South Alabama

#1 Louisiana (eliminated)
vs.-----------------------------------------Middle Tennessee
#4 Middle Tennessee

Championship Game

#2 South Alabama
vs.--------------------------------------South Alabama
#4 Middle Tennessee

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>South Alabama Jaguars win the 2005 Sun Belt Conference Tournament</span></span>

Double elimination tournament. One game championship game. Winner receives the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. UL has pretty much locked up an at-large bid. USA and FIU may get an at-large, but winning the tourney will solve that. The rest of the field must win the tourney in order to get into the field of 64.
05-25-2005 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In game 1 this morning, #4 Middle Tennessee, behind a stellar pitching performance by sophomore ace Matt Scott, beat #5 New Mexico State 8-2.

Currently, #7 UNO and #2 USA are on the field in Miami.
05-25-2005 11:51 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In game 2 today, #2 South Alabama came back from a 10-4 deficit in the bottom of the 8th to win 11-10 over #7 New Orleans. USA scored 7 runs in the final two innings to pull off the comeback win. USA will now play the winner of the FIU-ASU game (in progress), while UNO awaits the loser of the FIU-ASU game.
05-25-2005 05:21 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the 3rd game this afternoon, #3 seed and host Florida International pounded Arkansas State 18-8. The Golden Panthers will now face #2 seed USA tomorrow afternoon. ASU will face UNO in one of the elimination games tomorrow morning.
05-25-2005 09:07 PM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the final game of the evening, #8 WKU shocks #1 Louisiana 10-7. WKU becomes the first #8 seed to win A GAME in the Sun Belt Conference tourney. WKU will now face rival Middle Tennessee tomorrow afternoon, while Louisiana and NMSU will battle it out in an elimination game in the morning.
05-25-2005 10:11 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the first elimination game on Thursday, #7 UNO scored 6 runs in the top of the 9th to go ahead 15-3, while #6 ASU could only manage 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th and fell 15-9. ASU is the first team eliminated from the Sun Belt Conference Baseball Tournament. UNO will now face the loser of the FIU-USA game later this afternoon.
05-26-2005 12:19 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

After 2 rain delays which combined to stop play for 2 hours, #1 seed Louisiana beat #5 New Mexico State to advance in the loser's bracket of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament. #1 Louisiana will now await the loser of the WKU-MT game,which is to be played later this evening. NMSU is eliminated from tournament play and in effect, is done in athletic competition in the Sun Belt Conference as they move to the WAC next season.
05-26-2005 05:17 PM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the 3rd game of the day on Thursday, #2 South Alabama beat host and #3 Florida International 6-4 in a very well played ball game. FIU falls into the loser's bracket and will face #7 UNO in an elimination game at a time to be determined. USA will await the winner of the FIU-UNO game and must be beaten twice to be eliminated.
05-26-2005 10:06 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

The game started lattttttte last night and ended early Friday morning, in fact it ended it 1:07 a.m EDT, but #4 Middle Tennessee held of #8 Western Kentucky to advance in the winner's bracket of the 2005 Sun Belt Conference baseball tournament. MT will now wait the winner of the Louisiana-Western Kentucky game, which is set for 12:30 EDT.
05-27-2005 08:29 AM
ARod Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Thanks for all of the updates, Cajunman02. We have been getting some ugly weather down here lately so some of the games may have problems being played.
Come on over to FIU's webboard at:
<a href='http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com' target='_blank'>http://fiuathleticscom.proboards20.com</a>
to check out pics of the stadium and games that are being played. Have fun!! 04-cheers
05-27-2005 09:18 AM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the 1st elimination on Friday, #7 UNO continued to extend their season by defeating #3 Florida International 6-5. Down 6-4 in the top of the 9th, FIU had the tying run on 2nd with two outs, but UNO was able to get a pop out to end the game. Next up, UNO will play South Alabama. UNO must defeat USA twice to advance to the championship game.
05-27-2005 11:42 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the 2nd game of the day, #1 Louisiana got a 2 run homer by the 9 hole hitter Jamison Parker in the top of the 11th to defeat and eliminate #8 Western Kentucky 6-4. First team All-Sun Belt utility player Micah Cockrell pitched 5 2/3 innings to get the win. UL will now face Middle Tennessee late this evening. MT must be beaten twice to be eliminated from the tournament.
05-27-2005 04:44 PM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns

Thanks for the updates. Toppers gave us all we wanted this year. Glad to make it thru to play MT. Hopefully we are getting over our little slump in time to make some noise in the NCAA tournament. 04-cheers
05-27-2005 05:35 PM
Advertisement

Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

South Alabama is the first team to earn a spot in the tournament championship game as they defeated the University of New Orleans 14-6. USA will now face either MT or UL Saturday afternoon.
05-27-2005 08:09 PM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

MT eliminates UL in the nightcap of the evening 7-5 and will now face South Alabama in a winner take all final. The winner will receive the league's automatic bid into the NCAA tournament. This will also mark for the upteenth year in a row that the Sun Belt has had multiple bids to the NCAA tournament as the Ragin Cajuns have solidified themselves as a #2 seed in a regional to be named Monday.
05-28-2005 10:09 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappies

In the championship game of the Sun Belt Conference baseball tournament, South Alabama jumped out early and held on for a 9-2 win over Middle Tennessee. South Alabama receives the league's automatic invitation to the 2005 NCAA tournament. Good luck to the Cajuns and Jags in the NCAA's.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:Times'>Congratulations to the 2005 Sun Belt Conference Tournament Champions

The University of South Alabama Jaguars</span></span></span>
05-28-2005 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.