Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium Construction
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Anyone know what's going on? The website doesn't have any pics from the last 3 weeks and I haven't seen any updates since 8/22? Last I saw, they were building the structures between the end zones and the 20s. Just curious as to whether they will be complete by 9/13?
09-02-2003 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

I checked out a field hockey game at Dix over the weekend. The bleachers between the 20's are pretty much completly done, they just got to put up some hand rails basically. The party decks or whatever they're puting outside the 20's needs some work, there's just some steel supports there as of Sunday.
09-02-2003 11:55 AM
MAC tOAMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeast Ohio

The Flash Wrote:Anyone know what's going on?  The website doesn't have any pics from the last 3 weeks and I haven't seen any updates since 8/22?  Last I saw, they were building the structures between the end zones and the 20s.  Just curious as to whether they will be complete by 9/13?
Try this.

Go the facility contstruction page on Kent's website. Click on the August 5th update, then change the date in the body of the URL to "082903". There are updates from last Friday. It came up for me that way.

Party decks, huh?
09-02-2003 12:55 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Cool. Thanks guys!
09-02-2003 02:00 PM
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Everyone:

I was down at the Stadium last Friday to see if it was done yet and they had most of it done except
the two "Party-Platforms" on each side of the stands. I'm not sure what the whole concept of
what the Party-Platforms are really supposed to be except a decent standing area to watch the
game and maybe grab a bite to eat or something? I think they would have been better off had they
just extended the seating to fill those areas and put the platform areas between the goal line
and the back of the end-zones in each area (they had more than enough room to do it). It would
have looked a whole lot better and more like a college division 1-A stadium; it is a major improvement
over the old wooden bleachers but they really should have done this right - as it is better but could
been something that would really fit with the architecture of the existing stadium.

Either way Go Flashes and I'll be their for the YSU game.
09-02-2003 04:29 PM
Advertisement

punt16 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Hello all.
From what I have been told by people from within the dept. the "party platforms" will be used for a Blue and Gold/Varsity "K" viewing area on one side and varrious events on the other.
Blue and gold colered tents will cover the tops and the back. I guess we will see on the 13th (hopefully).
09-02-2003 05:59 PM
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Maybe this is temporary until the see that additional seating is needed.
09-02-2003 06:01 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Any word on where they are putting the students? Last year they had a sign over there that said "Future Home of the Tops Student Zone" or something to that effect. However, the MAC issued a rule this off season that students cannot sit behind the visitors bench anymore after the MU-MU mess last year.
09-02-2003 06:58 PM
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Flash:

I believe that was KSU's original intent (to make the new seating for students) in order to get the
students more into the "game" and atmoshphere; but with this ruling (?) now who knows.
I didn't realize that the MAC could set a ruling as to where the home students could sit
(what the hell?); they can't do that, can they? All these years of oposing teams students ragging
on our hapless KSU teams :mad: and now this ruling - now that our team is now getting it together :mad: !! I think for all the grave injustice opposing schools students have done to KSU
Football teams over the past years they should at least give our students (only KSU) the right
to sit behind the opposing team and "RAG" the "HOLY HELL" out of them for at least the next
ten years. :chair: Just to even thing up a bit 05-nono

There......I feel better now 04-rock GO FLASHES!!
09-02-2003 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.