Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Offense is offensive
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Face it. The offense stinks. I do not see how we are going to grab many more wins this year. We can, and should, beat Ohio Ball State and Buffalo; However, we are not ready to run with the big dogs of the league.

It makes me mad that we are not a part of the MAC's biggest day. Any of those teams that won Saturday could have laid the wood to Penn State. I am sick of this not winning. We are in NE Ohio for Gosh sake. How can you not make a competative football team out of local kids????

They need to show Pees the door and make one last ditch effort to right the ship. If not, drop football. It is an embarassment to the University. I'm tired of having the same conversation:
"What college football team do you root for?"
"Kent State"
"Why? They suck."
09-23-2003 05:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

punt16 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

imradioboy Wrote:They need to show Pees the door and make one last ditch effort to right the ship. If not, drop football. It is an embarassment to the University.
I do agree with you that a new change may need to be made, however dropping the football program is not the answer.
As much as some people don't like to admit, the bulk of funding for the athletic department comes from football. If we were to loose that $$$ we would have some serious problems.
Yes, a large increase is donations has come due to the basketball team's recent success, but what if they hit a slide and have a couple of bad seasons? You and I both know the Kent State fans and how they would react. Sadly the days of our "March Madness" runs would be forgoten (we would be lucky to get 1,000 in the MACC). Then what comes of the athletic department?
Pees has done a lot to set this program is the right direction. And yes, if he can't get over the hump this year it may be time to go. But I truly believe he has laid the ground work for a successful program and if we can get the right person in next, the job will be that much easier.
09-23-2003 07:18 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

punt16 Wrote:I do agree with you that a new change may need to be made, however dropping the football program is not the answer.
As much as some people don't like to admit, the bulk of funding for the athletic department comes from football. If we were to loose that $$$ we would have some serious problems.
Yes, a large increase is donations has come due to the basketball team's recent success, but what if they hit a slide and have a couple of bad seasons? You and I both know the Kent State fans and how they would react. Sadly the days of our "March Madness" runs would be forgoten (we would be lucky to get 1,000 in the MACC). Then what comes of the athletic department?
Pees has done a lot to set this program is the right direction. And yes, if he can't get over the hump this year it may be time to go. But I truly believe he has laid the ground work for a successful program and if we can get the right person in next, the job will be that much easier.
I agree 100%.
09-23-2003 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I think Pee's is doing a decent job in relative to the climate he came into here at Kent St; I mean, lets face it, this is not the place to come to with any decent chance of making it as a Head-Coach in Div-1a football. Few have made it (James and Mason ----thats it!!) and most have failed miserably; to put things in perspective: Kent's first choice at replacing Jim Corrigall was going to be Larry Kehres from Mount Union, at the last minute he decides its just not worth the risk to come in
here to rebuild this losing program (this from a guy that does not know what losing is) and lose
what he has at Mount Union to take this "long - shot" of a chance at Kent State. I never even heard of Pee's before he got the job here and he was the University's next best choice...........
Whats that tell ya!!! ............... If they let go Pee's ..... odd's are (based on past history)
the system gets depleted yet again and the cycle continues. I'm sure there is another James
or Mason out there that could turn this thing around in a quick way, but I'm not sure they
would be knocking the door down to get in here.
09-23-2003 06:18 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

If I remember correctly, Pees really lobbied for the job and I think that Nick Saban put in a call for him. Pees was the only guy who wanted the job. Wonder if he is sorry he didn't take Saban up on his offer to join him at LSU? Easier money as a D coordinator than a head man at KSU.
09-23-2003 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.