Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ball State
Flashfan88 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

These folks have had our number, in fact I can not remember the last time we beat these guys.

Looks like the players have decided to play with a bit of intensity; Saturdays game with UCF
(and I was there) I saw some hitting that I have not seen in recent years (actually in many
years). More UCF players were limping off the field than Kent players and David Alston was
the big key in the game; he was lowering the boom on any UCF player trying to lay a
"stick" on him. There was one instance of a UCF linebacker hitting Alston "headon" with
major contact, Alston lowered his good shoulder an hit him with equal (or more) force
:rofl: , needeles to say that the big huge UCF linebacker 03-nutkick was dazed on the
sideline for a bit of time 03-razz Hope Alston is ready to go Saturday for the Cardinals, we need him.

If the Flashes have gotten past the hurdle, the Ball State game should be an indication.

Go Flashes!!
09-29-2003 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'll be there sat. I am looking forward to a good crowd, as well as seeing the new stands and party tents.
09-29-2003 04:21 PM
punt16 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

imradioboy Wrote:I'll be there sat. I am looking forward to a good crowd, as well as seeing the new stands and party tents.
It should be a good atmosphere. I would expect the Miller Lite Deck to be filled to capacity for the majority of the game.
Just a side note... If you plan to tailgate, you must be creative with your alcohol. With the new open container law in now in Ohio, you can no longer bring your own beverages. You must obtain a wrist band and purchase your beer in the parking lot from the university. :crying:
We found out the hard way this weekend. A bunch of football alums and myself had about $70 woth of alcohol confiscated from the KSU Police. :mad: The kicker is... I had a nice bottle of wine for my aunt and sister. It was on the table next to the car (unopened) and they took that too. I am sure we missed one heck of a party at the KSU Police Dept. that night.
04-drinky
09-29-2003 04:49 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

I'm looking forward to the game and the new intensity by the Flashes. Thanks for the warning, Punt.
09-29-2003 06:38 PM
Advertisement

imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

just do what I did when I was at Kent, mix Vodka with Sunny Delight and Viola! Cheap, horrible tasting screwdrivers. 04-drinky
09-30-2003 10:42 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

Let's hope for good weather and another good game plan! I don't know much about Ball State, but it should be a good game. If the weather is good, the whole Flash family will be tagging along. GO FLASHES! BEAT THE CARDS!
09-30-2003 12:51 PM
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I just got back from Kent, and got a chance to walk around the stadium. It looks really nice. I like the party tents, they actually look cool. I stood there and imagined how the stadiums would sound if if was packed, now I can't wait for Saturday.

BTW: the scoreboard still showed the Kent / UCF final. It was pretty cool.
09-30-2003 04:03 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I realize it's a bit early, but any early alert on the weather for NE Ohio on Saturday?
09-30-2003 07:01 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

The "forecast" calls for "Flashes" of lightning. The storm could be very "offensive". Definitely foul weather for birds! 03-wink

Showers and 58 :(
09-30-2003 07:29 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

Just checked out the Ball State site at BSUfans.com. Not much discussion there about the Kent game. I didn't care to register and post because there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in this game.

From my standpoint, I think that it will be a tight game. I checked out the tale of the tape and the teams are evenely matched based on size. Both teams were taken to the woodshed by Big East teams earlier this year.

I'm just not sure what KSU team will show up. The team that played Akron and UCF or the team I saw against YSU. I hoping that Pees has another D scheme up his sleeve and the offense wakes up a bit. If I read the stats right, BSU appears to be balanced between the run and pass.

I think that the Flashes win if they don't get overconfident (really it could happen, look at last year) and execute like last week. The X factor will also be the crowd. If the weather is decent and they can draw 15K of fired up students and alumni, watch out.

Let's get loud and proud this week! We may have a team that finally deserves it!

GO FLASHES!
09-30-2003 07:42 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Damn, Kent actually moved homecoming to the first weekend of October due to the string of bad weather Saturdays in the traditional date, the third weekend. Doesn't sound like the weather gods smile on us. But rain or shine, I'll be there.

Flash, you read my mind. I actually considered exactly what you wrote earlier today:
Quote:I think that the Flashes win if they don't get overconfident (really it could happen, look at last year) and execute like last week. The X factor will also be the crowd. If the weather is decent and they can draw 15K of fired up students and alumni, watch out.

Hope a big crowd on a bad weather day doesn't scare 'em.

Go Flashes!!
09-30-2003 07:53 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

OK, I'm getting weird about this weather thing on Saturday, but the Weather Channel is a bit more optimistic

<a href='http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weather/tenday/44242?eventid=91971' target='_blank'>http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/spor...2?eventid=91971</a>
09-30-2003 08:13 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

30 % chance of rain. That's nothing. GO FLASHES!
09-30-2003 08:46 PM
His Dudeness Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

These folks have had our number, in fact I can not remember the last time we beat these guys.
[B]

Novemebr 10, 2001. KSU 31, BSU 18
10-02-2003 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.