Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTSU Fans showing there @sse$ in Tuscaloosa.
Bookmark and Share
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Fans are upset because they lost their hotel reservations to hurricane victims. I understand their plight but I think it's a little senseless of MTSU fans to want hurricane victims to give their rooms up for the sake of their own comfort.

And to think that Univ of Alabama officials had to call a press conference to address the issue was even more ridiculous.

I know this isn't a true indication of MTSU fans but I can't believe people can be that insensitive especially considering they're within a 3 hour driving distance.
08-31-2005 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee

Where are you getting your information about MT fans not wanting to give up their rooms? I'd like to point out that most of the fans in B'ham and Tuscaloosa are UA fans. And if this sentiment from the one time visitors to Tuscaloosa are true, I bet that the sentiments from the folks that have had the same routine for years are even more upset about it than MT fans. Is it not a law in Ala. that hotels can't kick out those evacuated from areas in an emergency? If it is, like most states, then it doesn't matter, they won't get their reservations honored anyways. Go back to UAB and stop your flaming.
08-31-2005 06:45 PM
Advertisement

Unixmaster
Unregistered

HiddenDragon Wrote:Fans are upset because they lost their hotel reservations to hurricane victims. I understand their plight but I think it's a little senseless of MTSU fans to want hurricane victims to give their rooms up for the sake of their own comfort.

And to think that Univ of Alabama officials had to call a press conference to address the issue was even more ridiculous.

I know this isn't a true indication of MTSU fans but I can't believe people can be that insensitive especially considering they're within a 3 hour driving distance.
What a dumb*** post.

One poster on our board reacts to and makes a comment after viewing a link I provided on gomiddle.com to a alabama board where there were many tide fans bitching about that issue, and you make a sweeping generalization about MT fans. Apparently you didn't follow the linked post.

Actually I posted two links to two separate alabama board threads but one apparently was so bad that the tide administrator felt enough shame to remove the thread.

As for as class, after having our board inundated by flamers claiming to be tide fans for the last few weeks, I have refrained from making a judgement about all alabama fans from the majority of tide posters flaming our board. Maybe you should stop trying to be a drama queen about one post by one MT poster.

MT fans have sympathy for the victims of the hurricane and wish them the best.
08-31-2005 07:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Thank you. Alabama fans have been cancelling there reservations for hotels in Tusaloosa and Birmingham. I'm sure MTSU fans are doing the same. But it was reported on all of our news stations that some (and I say some) MTSU fans did raise a fuss about it. I'm also sure some Bama fans had an issue with it as well.

The main thing was that the situation was worked out.
08-31-2005 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.