Congrats guys! Saturday, Zuck the Fips!
01-28-2004 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Tonight is was Jakeway and Haynes.
Jakeway had about 4-5 huge offensive rebounds. Haynes had 15 in the second half, 21 overall I think . Plus some steals.
Great, great win--there is NO tougher place in the MAC to win a road game than Anderson Arena. That's our 4th in a row there--I wonder how far back you have to go to find a MAC team who won 4 straight at AA?

Final 71-63? I think. Game just ended--listened on BG radio network.

Now back home the struggling Zips who lost in Buffalo tonight. (Well, they were down 10 with not much left in the game.)

Fantastic! 04-rock
01-28-2004 09:04 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

Thanks for the posting....could not get the game on line. Still looking at ESPN at "67...61" with 1:00 left for about ten minutes!

It was close all game. Somebody ( many several) must have made big plays down the stretch. Anyone fill me in?

Flash is right...Health talked about the need to win tough road games to be ready for the dance. This was one of them.
01-28-2004 09:07 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies

Our team is beginning to impress. They did not play particularly well tonight. With a minute to go, it could have gone either way. Our guys showed the class that it takes in that type of game. Our usual scorers had a rough nite. As usual, others filled the gap. Hustle and defense does not have to have an off nite, even on the road. If I am not mistaken, we could be under rated. And while I am at it, JC can really coach it up. Have a bad nite, ..... sit on the bench. Of course, he has the depth to do that. 04-rock
01-28-2004 09:47 PM
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Guys,
Congrats to the Flashes...it was a back and forth game all night and, yet again, Kent has our number! 03-banghead

Jakeway was HUGE on the offensive rebounds and Haynes scorched us.
Of course only making 8 of 34 3 pt attempts on our part did us in as well. I can't ever remember a game in which we shot so poorly at home...against the Kent zone d too. It wasn't like Kent was in our face all night.

4 straight wins for youse guys in our gym...that is incredible in itself.

I want to return the favor on 2/14....c ya there.

GO BG!~
01-29-2004 09:36 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Thanks, FalconF90! :wave:
Our rivalry the last 6-7 years has been great.
For us, it was surpising that Haut hardly shot the ball at all. It wasn't a textbook game on either side, but I thought Christian's game plan to make you guys take more 3's than you wanted was a good one. We certainly did not want to let Netter get going inside.
Christian has shown a remarkable ability to get the right guys on the floor this year at the right time. We have had so many guys who have stepped up and taken charge when we needed them: Haynes and Jakeway last night, but Edwards, Haut, Bedford, Jason Edwin, Clif Brown, Cutley, have all been the key players in different games. I'm probably forgetting someone, too. We have no one who "has" to get his shots every game. We have no MAC individual leaders to speak of (Edwards in blocks and Haynes in steals or assists, maybe) but they play very well together and are tough at the end of games.
I doubt you guys will lose many at home this year, and we are VERY relieved and happy to get out of there with the W. The streaks are good for talk, but each year is its own game.
01-29-2004 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.