Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How does Kent recruit?
IKE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

You always hear the stories of Florida schools, colorado, USC etc. Johnny B. Good stories of recruiting and wild times...what does a Kent state do for thier recruits...some of the "same" tactics or do MAC teams (and Even Pitt...thats why we lost a few :rolleyes: ) go more for the down home tactics without too much blatant "Animal House" tactics
02-06-2004 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FIDO Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State

From the recruiting experiences I have been through or heard of Kent is no different than any other school in their recruiting. Nothing illegal is ever encouraged or suggested by the coaches. It may not be as wild and crazy as some larger programs, lets face it we are in Kent. :snore: But the players do show the recruits a good time like everyone should have in college, and they treat each one like one of the guys, their teammate. If you ever read articles about recruits coming here, they will say one of the biggest reasons are the people. Our players understand that they need these recruits and they don't need to act as if they are above the recruits, or be an ****** to them. And outside of the parties I do know that Kent does not bypass the required academic day of meeting with recruits that many other schools just rush through, or bypass in some cases.
02-06-2004 03:05 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I was talking about football recruiting with a bunch of Kent alums last week. They has some good points, but it all comes down to winning.

Kent stacks up well with any Northern Ohio school. We have the nicest campus and facilities hands down. Not to rip, but take a kid to Akron, BG and Toldeo- and Kent has to exceed all of them. First, it's a real campus in a college town, not some sprawl . Great classic buildings and new classrooms, facilities and dorms. Ohio and Miami have great campuses, but we hold our own over Akron, BG and Toledo any day. And where else can you go to Ray's?

So, we did a game theory. We didn't know why anyone would chose UA over Kent. ( One bard commented if a player did, they were too stupid for us anyway!) BG and Toldeo always got the nod due to successful programs. So, no matter what we due with facilities and marketing, we gotta win to attract recruits. The rest will take care of itself.
02-06-2004 08:19 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

FlashFan Wrote:I was talking about football recruiting with a bunch of Kent alums last week. They has some good points, but it all comes down to winning.

Kent stacks up well with any Northern Ohio school. We have the nicest campus and facilities hands down. Not to rip, but take a kid to Akron, BG and Toldeo- and Kent has to exceed all of them. First, it's a real campus in a college town, not some sprawl . Great classic buildings and new classrooms, facilities and dorms. Ohio and Miami have great campuses, but we hold our own over Akron, BG and Toledo any day. And where else can you go to Ray's?

So, we did a game theory. We didn't know why anyone would chose UA over Kent. ( One bard commented if a player did, they were too stupid for us anyway!) BG and Toldeo always got the nod due to successful programs. So, no matter what we due with facilities and marketing, we gotta win to attract recruits. The rest will take care of itself.
Well said! Winning cures a lot of ills, including attendance and recuriting. With Cribbs a the helm, I thought we had a chance at a breakthrough year in 2004. Now... 03-banghead
02-07-2004 02:27 PM
Ksudude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

is there still any chance cribbs could be back next year? has he already been suspended?
02-07-2004 05:35 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

As far as I understand, Cribbs was suspended at the time of the arrest. Laing said he'd remain on suspension until " the situation was resolved". At this time of year, he misses winter conditioning and perhaps spring training. For those who'd like to see #9 back, the best hope is that the trafficking charges get negotiated down to a misdemeanor or he's acquitted. My hunch is that if either happen, Josh will get some tough reprimands by the school, but probably will be allowed back on the team. On the other hand, if the charges stick and he's convicted, hello Antwon Smith!
02-07-2004 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.