Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Radio Network?
Bookmark and Share
DexterEagle Away
1st String

I Root For: EMU, MSU, SVSU,

As best as I can tell, EMU sports are broadcast only on WEMU. There is no EMU radio network for football or men & women's basketball.

Both CMU & WMU have sizable radio networks:

CMU
WCBY-AM (1240) - Cheboygan
WXDX-AM (1310) - Detroit
WMFN-AM (640) - Grand Rapids
WMJH-AM (810) - Grand Rapids
WBCH-AM (1220) - Hastings
WUPS-FM (98.5) - Houghton Lake
WVFN-AM (730) - Lansing
WCZY-FM (104.3) - Mount Pleasant
WIOS-AM (1480) - Tawas
WJML-AM (1110) - Petoskey
WHAK-AM (960) - Rogers City
WKNW-AM (1400) - Sault Ste. Marie

WMU
WFAT-FM 96.5 Kalamazoo, the Bronco Flagship Station
WZUU-FM 92.3 Allegan
WWKN-FM 104.9 Battle Creek
WBCH-FM 100.1 Hastings
WTVB-AM 1590 Coldwater
WBCH-AM 1220 Hastings
WTKG-AM 1230 Grand Rapids.

With the football program developing and with high hopes for men's basketball and a women's basketball program worth showcasing, I would hope that building a network that would provide an EMU presence in an area bounded by Detroit, Jackson, Flint, Monroe, and Port Huron would be a high priority for the AD. WEMU doesn't carry well enough to provide service to most of this area. I've lived in Jackson and I know how hard it is to hear WEMU from there. There are times it doesn't reach western Washtenaw County very well and not everyone has Internet access. Even if there is Internet access, WEMU only has limited capacity for Internet listeners. A broadcast network is still needed. I hope by next football season there would be a 5 to 6 station network promoting EMU and EMU athletics in southeast Michigan.
09-15-2005 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

It really bugs me that CMU has WXDX in Detroit as an affiliate. :mad: That's our turf and we need to start doing something to get the word out better. Hopefully we will expand so that we can actually claim to have a network sometime in the near future.
09-16-2005 09:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DexterEagle Away
1st String

HuronDave Wrote:It really bugs me that CMU has WXDX in Detroit as an affiliate. :mad: That's our turf and we need to start doing something to get the word out better. Hopefully we will expand so that we can actually claim to have a network sometime in the near future.
At the very least, everything south of Flint and east of Lansing should be Eastern country, as far as the MAC goes. Kids, and others, within this block should be able to listen to EMU sports and, hopefully, begin to attend the games. Not many kids from Detroit are going to be able to get to Mt. Pleasant for a game. Ypsilanti is doable.
09-16-2005 10:27 PM
Advertisement

DexterEagle Away
1st String

I see that WDTW 1310 in Detroit is going to be broadcasting EMU football beginning with Saturday's Ford Field game agains WMU.

<a href='http://www.emich.edu/goeagles/football/2005/Releases/WDTWRadio.pdf' target='_blank'>WDTW announcement</a>

It's a start. Now if they'd just start broadcasting men & women's basketball. Detroit is the key market. Flint is second. After that Jackson, Monroe, Adrian, Port Huron would all be good. Everything else is gravy.
11-03-2005 12:38 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

It is good to see that we will finally have some sort of presence in the Detroit market. It always bugged me that CMU had a Detroit radio outlet and not EMU. I think if this works out it may extend to basketball.
11-04-2005 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.