Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Akron Fans
Bookmark and Share
NiuCoils Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Donators

Howdy Zips. I got to come out to the Rubber Bowl yesterday for the game. I think we were the only group of NIU fans who weren't family or friends of the team (we're the 3 idiots running around with our flag after touchdowns), We met a few really cool people tailgating, but also some real bastards! After the game, walking past a deck as part of an outdoor bar not too far off Main Street, this Zip fan runs up the fence and throws his beer at us yelling "We kicked your a**" Now first of all, usually an a** kicking doesn't require overtime, but second, HE WON, what on earth was he so pissed about?

So I'm wondering, after my mixed experience, what's your perception on your fans as hosts? Michigan fans, though snobby, were very good hosts. I must admit, the visiting fans at Huskie Stadium would probably also have a mixed experience. Most of the alum and students are good hosts, but some NIU students act like idiots. I guess that's probably the case everywhere.

Good game by the way. We have a very young defense, which we knew was going to be a problem this year. I was hoping playing Michigan and NU would have gained them some experience before the MAC season, but obviously Coach Joe still needs to work on this. You guys have a good team, and a pretty cool stadium and I'll be rooting for you to win the East. Hopefully we'll handle Miami and Toledo and see you all again in Detroit! Go Zips, Go Huskies, GO MAC!!
09-25-2005 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies

I wanted to add that we met some GREAT fans and most of the you guys were awsome.

Just two groups. One group outside the stadium threatend us and then the one bar.

Great game guys, i was impressed.
09-25-2005 08:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zippy989 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Akron

My family and I sat behind you guys up at the top of the Bowl. Nice hard hats!! :)

Most Akron fans are great hosts and welcome visiting fans to the stadium --well ok -- except Marshall fans -- they're too arrogant -- I usually just ignored them.... lt sounds like most of the people you met were that way.. Every team has it's moron fans --- sounds like you met some of them too... our apologies. Ribbing is ok but not threatening or shouting down....

Most of us were pleasantly surprised at how well the Zips offense has been this year. The defense is improved and FAST... things are looking up in Akron....If we continue to perform at this level, the MAC East could get real interesting......
09-26-2005 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.