Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SEC West breakdown
Bookmark and Share
amh4au Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Here's how I see the SEC West rankings as of right now:

1) TIE: Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss -- After the next 2-3 weeks, we will start to see some separation here. Until then, it's hard to tell. Ole Miss has an edge with the early defeat of Florida, but has a tough road ahead starting next week. We'll know more about LSU and Auburn after their visits to the dreaded Swamp over the next 2 weeks.

4) Alabama -- Bama's very tough when they're on their "A" game, but dropped a game to possibly the toughest team in the conference. Ineligible to go to Atlanta.

5) Arkansas -- After 2 early losses, the Hogs come into Jordan-Hare this weekend desperate for a win to stay alive in the race to Atlanta. Can the seemingly improved Arkansas team live up to their fans' expectations, or will the revenge-seeking Tigers take the Hogs to slaughter?

6) Mississippi State -- After last years' 3-8 showing, NCAA investigations, and a terrible start to the 2002 season, can it get worse for the Dogs from StarkVegas? Yes, it can. The Troy State Trojans would love to see a repeat of last year's surprise Homecoming upset. Buh-bye, Jackie.

So, what do you think?
10-10-2002 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

whos_your_dawgy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by amh4au:
So, what do you think?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1) Bama - the best team in the West right now, even with the two losses.

2) Auburn - should go to Atlanta as long as they get consistent play from the QB position.

3) Ole Miss - IF the defense can play like it did vs UF for the remainder of the season, they can win the West.

4) LSU - will probably lose @UF this week. Another team that needs consistent QB play.

5) Arkansas - make or break game this weekend @ Aub.

6) MSU - I thought they had a shot at a bowl if they could've beaten SC. Now it's time to let the young guys play. I'll be in Starkville this weekend for homecoming to see the Dogs beat Troy State.
10-10-2002 02:43 PM
WazzuCoug82 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I agree that Bama is the best team in the west and being on probation sucks but ah well. We have that nice trip to Hawaii and will be "our bowl game". Roll Tide..

I like LSU chances as well despite Toefield being gone.
10-10-2002 02:50 PM
brock71 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

here is how I see it as of right now.
1. LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn all tied up because they haven't played one another yet.
2. Arkansas just because Bama is on probation.
But it will all be sorted out soon. I think LSU has a good chance at the repeat just because of the consistant play by the defense. And I know the Qb play isn't all that great right now, but Davey played the same way when he got his first chance. And we all know what he did at LSU.
10-11-2002 12:29 AM
BamaFan425 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree with who's your dawgy
10-13-2002 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

whos_your_dawgy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BamaFan425:
I agree with who's your dawgy</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't...not after this weekend.

Now: 1: Bama
2-5: take your pick...any of these 4 could win the West...winner will probably have 3 conf losses and win a tie break to go to Atl
6: MSU
10-13-2002 08:27 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

testttttttttttttttttttttt
10-13-2002 11:21 PM
brock71 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Here is how I see it as of now.
1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Ole miss.
4. Bama
5. Ark.
I think LSU has the defense to beat anybody they play. They made Grossman look stupid this weekend. Ole miss had a great defensive game against them but they struggled on offense, and that defense doesn't always show up.And Auburn just doesn't have anything other than Cadillac. And once again Bama is on probation, but they arent exactly burning it up this year. And ARK just cant keep it together.And Miss ST. LOL . The problem with the dawgs is something I don't think anybody can figure out.
10-17-2002 01:47 AM
cant_think_of_a_witty_nam Offline
All American

I Root For:

You really are a typical LSU fan, aren't you? Giving no credit to anyone other than your own team. You forgot that your stellar defense has forgotten to show up once this season, too. I'll admit the VA Tech game could've been uglier than it actually was, but considering the fact that BC hung with the Hokies better than LSU--I don't know where I'm going with this anymore. 03-lol Anyways, after Arkansas had their way with Auburn, you still think Auburn is that much better than Arkansas? I'm beginning to think you've watched only two or three games this year and have been in hiding since. Good luck to your team on the rest of the season. 04-cheers
10-17-2002 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.