emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Thanksgiving Game Week Men's Basketball
(11-29-2022 02:56 PM)Miggy Wrote:  
(11-29-2022 10:31 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 01:00 PM)Miggy Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 12:31 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(11-28-2022 05:56 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  This team has shown no growth game to game. Panic? Yes because of no growth. Heath has not made any adjustments. We will continue to lose if the ball is not placed in Noah’s hands especially at the end of games. I love Emoni and glad that he’s with EMU, but he committed 3 huge TOs, missed free throws etc which is to be expected when running the offense thru an 18 yo. Heath better wake up and get Noah at the Pg for game ending decision time or the losses will keep mounting to below average teams. Beating above average teams - I’m afraid very unlikely because we can’t guard the paint or score in the paint. Team needs a fire lit underneath them to start the game - ongoing them - no growth. No wins no fans.

Strategy can be improved for sure, but I see just a general lack of hustle. When we get beat off the dribble nobody drops off their man to help producing uncontested layups. We also don't crash the boards with effort. This team is definitely not long, we have to compensate with effort and speed, and it is not happening.

Hard to rely on help when opponent going to the hoop. Need to have a defender next to the hoop. Best way to stop drives and inside shooting.

EMU players need better self-control as they rank among the worse in committing the most fouls. On the other hand, EMU is among the top 125 teams in steals.

Agree about a need to crash the boards.

I'm wondering if the problem is that we still do NOT have the right players at all positions.

If Stan is playing a NBA game, then he needs players which have the same skill sets (NOT abilities, but collegiate skill sets) to play it.

The question is how does a team play without player(s) at the center position who can play MAC ball and above for 40 minutes?

Are will we need to simply outshoot our opponents?

Otherwise, what scheme changes need to be made?

Starts with defensively placing Randle the tallest player who can block shots (10 per game in HS) at the rim, not straying from it and not fouling. Will sharply reduce opponents scoring inside, and will force more opponent three pointers that that EMU players must defend against.

Makes sense. Purely a defensive rim protector. If he defends the rim, Emoni, Noal and Tyson will get the points.
11-29-2022 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thanksgiving Game Week Men's Basketball - emu steve - 11-29-2022 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.