Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

um...about them 'vaccines'....yeah
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: um...about them 'vaccines'....yeah
(03-03-2022 04:10 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 02:59 PM)Redbanksdog Wrote:  The Flu shot is only 50% ? I posted yesterday I think that it was 70%-80%. Is it really that low? 50%

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/va...0vaccines.

Quote:While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to those used to make flu vaccines.

It's even less than that. 50% assumes the formulary is 'well matched' to what is going around that season.

I didn't pull that from the CDC when I wrote is... I read the disclaimer on the flu vaccine boxes when I was director of operations for an urgent care company... and in the clinical trial, the reported effectiveness (again, with well-matched formula) was right at 50%. From memory, the rate went from 80 per 4,000 to 40 per 4,000.

(03-03-2022 12:08 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 11:48 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(03-03-2022 08:23 AM)bearcat65 Wrote:  You cannot answer that Tom - only time will reveal it when it is good and ready.

You have your beliefs and you are 100% entitled to them; why then are others not 100% entitled to theirs.

You're right, hard to answer a hypothetical about what might happen years down the road. If I'm wrong, I'll certainly admit it. Will you?

Yes I will.....

Guys, while this is great.... it ignores the reality of the situation. Unless you can prove with 100% confidence that there is no risk to these vaccines, or that the risk of COVID is so great that it outweighs that risk... then tens of millions of people are entitled to consider their own situation and risk profile and make their own decision, right or wrong.

You guys (with respect) are making bets on 'being right', but that isn't the burden here for these decisions.

Thanks for the information, I really didn't know about the numbers. I've never had a Flu Shot, I'm just one of those guys that doesn't get sick.
03-03-2022 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: um...about them 'vaccines'....yeah - Redbanksdog - 03-03-2022 04:29 PM
um...about them 'vaccines'....yeah - hburg - 03-26-2023, 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.