Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hybrid ASUN / WAC Football League for '21
Bookmark and Share
TexasTerror Offline
1st String

I Root For: SHSU
RE: Hybrid ASUN / WAC Football League for '21
(01-27-2021 09:11 AM)lion1983 Wrote:  I have thought about how the ASUN would even consider FBS, I have no doubt all the ASUN football schools have aspirations of FBS, but the ASUN cant just move per NCAA.

But the WAC can, they still have FBS rights that haven't been sold.

So I wonder if the two commissioners have been working together on this... I dont believe in coincidence, and its awful convenient for both the ASUN and WAC to be doing what they are doing, at the same time basically and talking about FBS.

So I wonder if they plan on having a FBS hybrid football league. With the ASUN under the WAC umbrella?

It could work like two separate conferences. But have a bowl tie in were the WAC winner plays the ASUN winner. Unless one of the winners gets a NY6 or better (unlikely) opportunity.

Just a thought...

I do not think it's a stretch by any means. The question will be how many WAC and/or ASUN members are able to make the move to FBS and if that's truly the desired destination for the league(s).

It is hard to believe that the WAC or ASUN schools would have a partial jump. It's either "all in" or "all out" because leaving behind say a Southern Utah as an FCS Independent (when they could have just stayed in the Big Sky) while the rest of the league makes the move to FBS wouldn't be right.

Having a WAC western and eastern divisions help with building rivalries from the all sports editions of the league, help with the FBS for the ASUN (as you mentioned) and also aids with scheduling (will be crucial for these schools to have eight game slates with four home/four away) from the get go, particularly during the transition year or two. Could certainly create for a "softer landing" for the schools...

And from the CFP perspective, there'd just be one league to give $$$ to and not two leagues. I think that's going to be an issue with any of this WAC/ASUN to FBS talk in the first place!
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2021 11:59 AM by TexasTerror.)
01-27-2021 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hybrid ASUN / WAC Football League for '21 - TexasTerror - 01-27-2021 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.