Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unofficial 2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
Bookmark and Share
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Unofficial 2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
(05-18-2022 05:26 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Jason Drake to CLE STATE. Think we're full at his position.

I may be off base here, but I understand recruiting budgets in football, but I do not in basketball. I do agree that we do not need 15 players all below or over 6'5" but our approach can be tailored to our talent. Football is a far more specialized sport.

For most of last season, Spottsville played the 3 position as the "shooting forward" while neither presenting the ability to rebound as a forward and not shooting very well either. The reg season champ Toledo played three guards as well and had a "soft center" who could hit threes like a "shooting forward" and while he led the team in rebounding, his total of 206, was supplemented by 204, 197, 195 and 192 from his fellow starters. He was hardly a "glass cleaner" and yet Toledo went 17-3 in the MAC.

I find it troublesome that many are pigeon-holing Luka into the "point guard" position. I want Noah to have the ball, but Luka while being a great passer, has a very good three-point stroke. Luka at the three point line will be a very good option for a kick out pass if Noah' drive is stopped, two guards capable of playing the point, can be effective in playing together. You play to your strengths.

We are NOT playing the 2-3 zone anymore! We don't require a shot blocking tower in the 5 position or wings like Tim Bond. What we need is athletic and talented players who can shoot the ball, get up and down the court and actively defend man to man, regardless of position. Heath can adjust his approach and strategy accordingly. Just my opinion.
05-29-2022 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial 2022 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 05-29-2022 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.