Chicago State AD talks potential move
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
RE: Chicago State AD talks potential move
(09-10-2020 11:01 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(09-10-2020 05:43 PM)Lopes87 Wrote:  
(09-10-2020 04:11 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(09-09-2020 06:56 PM)Todor Wrote:  If Chicago State could just regain half of what they've lost they'd be fine. They were once close to 10K students, around the year 2000, or a little before. While this latest drop, during the 4 years or so have been partially due to state budgets, most of the damage has been self inflicted.

But the comments and questions I saw from this board meeting make me thing they have no chance. I don't really mind having them in the WAC that much, but I think independent is their best course of action now.

They are in an area with TONS of schools to play and they seem to have pretty good luck at scheduling teams you would expect to not be willing to play them, like Notre Dame. As an Indy I think they'd be fine for a while, give themselves a chance to get back in their feet financially and to increase enrollment.

If Chicago State left, the WAC would only have 8 members with 3 in the middle of a transition to D1. Unless the WAC can get more members, I think it needs Chicago State to keep the member numbers up. Folks may not want to hear that, but I think that is the reality.

CBU is considered D1 for scheduling and at the moment that's all that matters. My bigger concern is once we all have CV19 in a rearview mirrors how big of a hit will WAC school have taken as well as other mid to low major leagues/schools. I don't believe the WAC is in that big of a need to have CSU around as it stands currently. Is 9 better than 8 when it's the outlier? Cause you headaches on multiple fronts? WAC members would welcome no trips to Chicago for their OLY sports. The financial savings to UVU UTRGV NMSU DSU TSU and to a lesser degree GCU CBU SU would be a source of relief during CV19 times.

What headache do they pose? Travel to Chicago is only incrementally more expensive and/or longer than other WAC schools. And that’s just an assumption. I think it’s negligible. If ChSt leaves and we lose a couple other schools (which happens all the time), you don’t think we’d be in a bind? If other schools are available, why aren’t they already in the WAC to get us to 10-12 members and on stable footing?
Flights to Chicago may be expensive for some of you but from Texas (especially DFW) Chicago is cheap. DFW is a major hub for American and Dallas Love goes to Chicago Midway.

If any other Texas schools join it will be easy for them
09-11-2020 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chicago State AD talks potential move - chrisattsu - 09-11-2020 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.