Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE
Bookmark and Share
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread
(01-04-2022 01:17 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  
(01-04-2022 11:31 AM)EagleSam Wrote:  
(01-04-2022 11:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  For whatever reason, EMU has never had that breakout season in either FB and MBB this century. We've had it in WBB (when EMU went to the NCAAs think it was 2012).
Creighton had 2018 where we were arguably the best team in the entire conference…when Glass actually played. He took way too long to finally figure out who his best option was (to his credit, he arguably learned from that this season and stuck with Bryant), and that cost us early in MAC play.

Not really here or there in regards to your point regarding decision-making, but we were VERY close to winning the MAC West that year. If Chad Ryland hits the FG in OT against NIU we win the division and go to Ford Field. Ryland missed and we ended up losing in triple OT.

That game was mostly my point. I can’t change history, but I imagine if Glass starts that game then we don’t even need OT to win. Wiegers was 17/40, and it seemed way worse than that honestly. He was horrendous. Glass got the starting gig after that game, until he got hurt against Toledo. But you’re right, that was our big chance to make it to Ford Field and get a rematch against a Buffalo team that we hung tough with on the road.
01-04-2022 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - EagleSam - 01-04-2022 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.