Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread
(01-03-2022 09:31 AM)cidbearit Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 07:14 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 02:29 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:28 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(01-02-2022 12:16 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  May was incredible at New Philadelphia High school, he's a true dual threat QB! Regardless, how does CC not have a pulse on HIS program in year NINE that this was a possibility! I understand why Hutchinson wanted to leave, he saw the handwriting on the wall, but Bryant obviously was only hoping to play at the MAC level for ONE season! Next season we've a much more challenging schedule!

Hoping we give May and Smith a shot at it and we do t bring in a portal QB. We will end up in the same situation we are in now. I'm big on Baron and think he can win the battle and we would be set at that position for years to come. I know he doesn't have a ton of experience but most of what CC calls offensively is short routes and doesn't seem too complicated. He will also be in his 3rd yr at EMU which should make him ready.

i think its a pretty big stretch to say that CC doesnt have a pulse of his program - we have no idea what he knows or when he knew it
Do you think Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Jim Harbaugh, or Ryan Day would know if their two top QB were considering transferring out..........ANSWER IS YES! On the MAC level, I think they might have some idea! Obviously, I don't have any idea, but have you ever heard on the D1 level, a coach having his two top QB transferring out! If Murphy lost his two top players, alot of people on this board would see it very differently! CC, is very similar to Murphy win loss wise! Actually, he's probably worse, but he gets a hall pass, and an extension for winning 7 games! We'll be lucky to win 7 games with next years schedule! I sure hope I'm wrong..........We've to stop making excuses for CC almost a decade in.........

Day had a player quit the team in the middle of the Akron game, and another announce he had quit on Twitter during the Rose Bowl, each with rather unflattering Tweets about their disappointment with the team. If these players were that upset with the program, don't you think Day should have known and addressed it before the proverbial pimples popped?

The fact is the current portal arrangement has emboldened players and allows them to make decisions on the spur of the moment. Head football coaches have over 100 players to deal with. It seems unreasonable to expect they will know what is going on in the heads of each of them all the time.

GREAT FREAKING POST!
01-03-2022 06:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 01-03-2022 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.