Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE
Bookmark and Share
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread
(05-29-2021 08:29 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(05-25-2021 06:24 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(05-25-2021 05:19 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I know we do not have any 2022 commits publicly announced yet. I expect that to change once in person recruiting begins on June 1.

Agree and I think it is silly for a recruit to commit so early before having a chance to visits campuses for camp or an unofficial. The obvious exception is the kid who wanted to go to UofM, MSU, Alabama, etc since he was 10.

Since we are talking 2022 there is plenty of time to get it right.

One caveat. Folks need to figure out the scholarship numbers, number of recruits, etc. (I don't know what happened to the JUCO class of 2021?).

I suspect that a lot of 2021 JUCOs who didn't sign because their opportunities were taken up by the 'super seniors' will sign on in December as mid-year transfers. The big problem is that there may not be 2021 scholarships for them.

Teams, like EMU, are feasting on the transfers that are out there now. Not likely coaches are passing up proven FBS talent to have scholarships for mid-year JUCO transfers. In many respects for 2021, a FBS transfer is like the JUCO transfer of old. The coach's chance to get an experienced player who can contribute immediately for say two years.

2021 was a crazy year for recruits because of the 'super senior' provision.

Man, I was wrong last year about complaining we didnt have any early enrollees. Now looking at the way CC was holding off due to an extra yr for all players and being able to pick from the transfer portal, I'm not overly concerned.

I will stick to my story that if we win 8 games I think it opens eyeballs. Our recruiting the last 3-4 years has been good and imagine if we won a MAC title. Man, I hop CC gets it done. He has the team this year to compete, get wins and help with recruiting.

Steve don't feel the least bit bad. Coach is a smart guy but NOBODY ever claimed he was overly aggressive, he promotes the fair catch, sits on leads and absolutely avoids potential bad citizen recruits. He is who he is and to date I vigorously accept him.

With the one time free pass of transfer, I honestly think the portal is a far more lucrative option than the High School ranks. I still love the fourth year senior, but I doubt that Maxx Crosby or for that matter Brogan Roback and Kevin Magill would have finished their collegiate careers at EMU under such rules. The world has changed and Coach Creighton has adapted, he has a clear strategy while it may have befuddled both of us, I feel sanguine about where we are going.
05-30-2021 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 05-30-2021 05:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.