Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - DEMOTE
Bookmark and Share
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread
(04-12-2021 09:43 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 06:30 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 01:32 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  A rising LB prospect resides in EMUs backyard. Two Ivy League offers and now Air Force says a lot about this kid. CC better not let this one get away.
https://twitter.com/WilliamsMelik22/stat...91363?s=09

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Nickel you are correct once again, this kid seems like the real deal, obviously he has the academic credentials as well.

Unfortunately I think the world we once knew may be gone. Today Scott Davis and Walt Church don't play QB for Ypsilanti High and then EMU. Magic Johnson, Jay Vincent and Lavell Blanchard don't stay home in East Lansing and Ann Arbor either. Hell, Ty Groce and Drew Lowder are only here because their initial forays East did not work out.

I think with the advances in the communication and travel industry, today's high school athletes actually view "staying home" today as a failure. I may be wrong but that is what I see going on right now.
He is the real deal in all of the non-football factors.

My point is that I dont like to see kids like this get away because EMU didn't offer them. If EMU offers and the kid goes elsewhere then so be it. But if he is interested in EMU but EMU doesn't offer and is focused on a kid with equal skills from GA or OK then that's wrong. I don't know the this has happened in FB but it has happened in the past with hoops and baseball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

If that was your point, you are 100% dead spot on!

I would actually say that I would give a huge preference to a local recruit! I saw A2's Micah Robinson's family attend her WBB games and put a minimum of twelve butts in the seats every game. If you watch a replay of Harkema's bowl victory, you will notice that most of our roster was gleaned from MI or OH.

You may be right about our recruiting strategy and if so that does need to change.
04-13-2021 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unofficial 2022 Football Recruiting Thread - Jerry Weaver - 04-13-2021 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.