Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MWC TV deal with Fox Sports and CBS
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: MWC TV deal with Fox Sports and CBS
(01-18-2020 05:39 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(01-18-2020 01:10 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  Also, I really don’t know what the MWC leadership is doing with its statements, either. Craig Thompson should be much more scared of pissing off Boise State compared to any other school in the MWC. This is the G5 equivalent of the Big 12 worrying more about pissing off Iowa State and Kansas State instead of Texas and Oklahoma. If the Big 12 doesn’t have Texas and Oklahoma, then they don’t have a conference. Similarly, if the MWC doesn’t have Boise State, it doesn’t take too much movement for it to suddenly face a similar fate as the WAC. If I was running the MWC, I wouldn’t let the tail wag the dog... which means keeping Boise State happy should be priority #1 regardless of the complaints of much less valuable schools that don’t have any real realignment market power.

This all about a dumb statement by Thompson that pissed off Boise State. For the next six years, Boise State will get $1.8 million more than the other MWC schools. There was no point in bringing up a subject that does not need to be addressed now and maybe in the future. Leaving the MWC now would cost Boise State millions in exit fees plus the loss of revenue in the last season. The loss of revenue alone would be at least $8 million. Plus the entry fees to the new conference. If they are going to leave the MWC, it better be for a power conference.

For those who think that sending Boise State Olympic sports to the Big West is going to happen, they need to remember what happened eight years ago. In 2012, the Big West was charging Boise State a $2.5 million entry fee plus a travel subsidy of $750,000 per year. The Big West is a California Bus League. The Big West did not want Boise State.

The WCC does not want them. They don't fit culturally. They would be ranked as the worst academic program in the WCC. They don't bring much athletically. Basketball is okay. The baseball program is just coming back in March after being gone for 40 years. They don't have a men's soccer program. Football does not help the WCC.

The WAC would be their best option and not a very good option for them. They have five years to figure out what they might do if they lose their extra money. In the meantime, they are in the MWC.

Or Boise can sue the MWC to ensure they don't lose the extra money per the terms of their contract. I don't see anything legally the MWC can do to get out of the terms of the deal that they agreed to in 2012.
01-18-2020 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MWC TV deal with Fox Sports and CBS - stever20 - 01-18-2020 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.