Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn's 2020 schedule almost complete
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
RE: UConn's 2020 schedule almost complete
(10-24-2019 10:40 AM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  
(10-24-2019 10:28 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Maybe people underestimated the general desire of college ADs to cooperate with each other. Their primary job is obviously to do what's in the best interest of their own employer, but aside from that, most of them generally don't mind accommodating another school on things like scheduling.

This is a great point. Remember that ADs have to deal with lots of scheduling arrangements for lots of sports beyond football and basketball, so they have a lot of working relationships with each other. Schools like Notre Dame and Michigan might have the luxury of taking a principled stand against each other in scheduling (and even they eventually relented on that front), but the vast majority of schools are going to have several "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" situations in multiple sports every year. If any of these ADs that are helping UConn today end up needing, say, a marquee men's or women's basketball opponent down the road to help open a new arena or sell season tickets, then UConn's AD is going to remember who helped him out. I think a lot of us as fans look at the schools as monoliths, but a lot of scheduling arrangements still come down to personal relationships between ADs and/or coaches.

If I'm an AD and UConn approaches me with interest in a football game then the first thing I'm asking about is a basketball series. It's a little bargaining chip that a brand program like UConn would have in a situation like this that most schools wouldn't.

But in general, I agree. The ADs will work with each other if for no more reason than they have to schedule multiple dates in multiple sports every year.
10-24-2019 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UConn's 2020 schedule almost complete - AllTideUp - 10-24-2019 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.