Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
(07-26-2020 01:29 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(07-24-2020 12:00 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-23-2020 01:05 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(07-23-2020 11:05 AM)No Bull Wrote:  I am not trolling or flaming.

If UConn can't play football this year because of the 14day quarentine rile set by the governor of Conn. Will this kill UConn football? Will some bean counters take this as an opportunity to kill UConn football?

Also, will breaking agreements to play certain teams...cause them to not schedule UConn in the future as payback?

Best of luck to the Huskies. I am just wondering.

I am pretty sure that both the NCAA and the schools that we have scheduled both realize that covid has taken us to a unique time with special surrounding circumstances. It isn't like UConn has control of who cancels on us or control of whether the virus will force us to cancel on others. It is what it is.

I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools. I know that you aren't advocating that position, but many seem to keep beating that drum. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes.

"I do find it interesting that the posters who advocate the most for killing UConn football tend to be from AAC schools."

I agree with this but I will add this:

The posters who most sincerely wish UConn football well tend to be fans of AAC schools as much as, if not more so, fans of schools in the other leagues.

Classy AAC fans "get it" with UConn.

In short, it's a 50-50 thing.
I love college football; I want college football in the Northeast to thrive. It is important for the sport. I was shocked when UConn chose to go Indy and I wish they were still in the AAC. I probably watched about 6 UConn games last year and even more the year before. So I see myself as sort of a fan. I even used to read the boneyard a bit.

I have gotten the feeling that while UConn football has a strong core group of fans it isn’t exceptionally large or powerful. I was wondering if some folks at UConn (admins who don’t think UConn ever should have moved up into FBS football) what try to use Covid as an excuse to ax UConn football or move it down to FCS. Sort of a UAB scenario.

College football thrives in the Northeast. It's just not called the NORTHEAST FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Its goes by the names of the AAC, ACC, B-10, Ivy, and Patriot Conferences. Its kind of like the AAC though - splattered all over the place east of the Mississippi and then some. 04-jawdrop 04-jawdrop 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 02-13-banana 02-13-banana COGS COGS 04-cheers
07-27-2020 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - panite - 07-27-2020 08:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.