Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
(10-14-2019 07:26 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 11:20 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 10:44 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 10:01 PM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 12:52 PM)panite Wrote:  The new ESPN contract should stay the same for the remaining AAC schools. The only change I see is ESPN removing UConn's share if the conference doesn't pick up a replacement for them. 07-coffee3

Spot on. If the AAC doesn’t find a replacement school with a similarly large fan base, odds are that ESPN drops the money down. If they find a suitable replacement, then the money is still there.

That said, it doesn’t matter regardless. If the total current contract value split 12 ways goes down with our departure, but the revised contract still pays the same $6.9M per school split 11 ways once you take us out, it is all the same.

So, I guess that is what I am saying. The contract will almost definitely go down and the remaining AAC schools won’t get to keep our share like some free money payday bonanza. But, if at the tail end of the day they end up getting the same exact $6.9M per school, then there is peace in the valley. Plus, now you have to spilt football bowl proceeds fewer ways and NCAA basketball tourney credits fewer ways. So that ensuing TV contract pay cut still nets AAC members more money for the duration of this current TV contract (emphasis on duration of this contract - UConn’s subtraction in hoop may be a palpable hit in the next contract in 12 years).
It's amazing how much you UCONN people need to see the AAC lose something to validate your imagined worth to the conference. It seems to me that ESPN has had plenty of time to have amended the AAC contract downward or at least to have put in some language that would allow them to withhold that 12th share until a replacement is found. However they haven't done or hinted towards either of those options. It appears that the programs they deemed valuable are still under their umbrella and the one that wasn't was allowed to leave.

O...M...G. I literally just said that the AAC schools won’t lose a dime on the base contract per school and will make more once there is one less school to split bowl revenue and basketball tourney credits with. Your UConn obsession is fascinating. I imagine that there must be mental health counselors in Memphis to help you deal with our departure. If I need to talk you off a ledge or send a care basket of fresh fruit to lift your spirits, I am willing to do it. I am getting concerned.

Well I won't resort to base insults with you because UCONN S' fate means next to nothing to me personally. Since you're playing the word game. I'll just say this again simpler for you. ESPN so far has shown no inclination towards decreasing the AACS' overall contract amount, and until they do the current AAC teams are looking to not maintain their current yearly payout but actually get a nice little bonus from splitting UCONNS' share. Now as far as the CFP monies I never commented on that but those two extra shares are going to push the AAC teams yearly payouts to being closer to 8mil and that's not even counting basketball credits or bowl money. 07-coffee3

And the AAC's future contract means nothing to me personally. If you get $8 million per school, good for you. It isn't coming from us, it is coming from ESPN, so enjoy your new found cash. However, with that 12 year albatross of a TV contract around the AAC's neck, you are going to need at least $8 million. If you use an inflation calculator to find the future value of money, you will see that if we assume an annual inflation rate of 3%, your 8 million now will have a worth of about $5.6 million near the end of this contract 12 years from now.

Here is a dollar inflation calculator to play around with:
https://www.adirondackbank.com/mobile/ca...Dollar.asp

Seeing that travel costs keep rising and that the AAC is on the hook for ESPN+ production costs, I can imagine some of the schools in the AAC having a hard time getting by on that cash. But as long as you are happy with it, who am I to criticize. Enjoy!
04-wine
10-17-2019 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - UConnHusky - 10-17-2019 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.