Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof.
(10-09-2019 03:23 PM)Bogg Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 02:57 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 02:49 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 01:36 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  How much would UConn have to pay the AAC to stay on the schedule for 2020? I’m thinking AAC gets tv rights for UConn home conference games, UConn has to cover travel expenses for all 4 AAC teams that visit, UConn gets zero AAC revenue, UConn does not get access to AAC bowls and cannot officially win their division or participate in the CCG. On top of that I think they still would be expected to pay some.

Is making UConn purchase lifetime subscriptions to ESPN+ for the entire AAC a deal-breaker???

Not if they are desperate. I think they should also add the condition that Uconn’s Football team may only be equipped with basketball apparel for football games against AAC programs seeing as that is their priority.

I don't totally get the idea that a school is desperate to remain in a conference with which they just reached an agreement to pay extra in order to leave early.

Well, from the outside, UConn football is in a position where they need to be desperate to do SOMETHING. They're 10 months out from the start of a football season where they're short 8 games. By SMUfan's math (I haven't checked his math), it's still possible mathematically for UConn to put together an FBS schedule, but just barely.

So they need to do something drastic--beg and buy their way into a conference, beg and buy their way into breaking existing-game contracts, schedule a bunch of FCS schools and take the hit for a "noncompliant FBS schedule", shut down the football program at the end of the season.

Maybe things are happening in secret, but right now UConn's 2020 football schedule is looking like the preparations for the Fyre Festival.

And in less than 60 days, you're going to send the coaches (either the coaches of the 1-11 or 2-10 disaster team you have, or a new bunch that couldn't get better jobs than this dumpster fire) out to recruit players who have a 50-50 shot to be the last UConn FBS team, or last UConn football team.

I don't see why a player chooses UConn over Buffalo or Temple or FIU or Eastern Michigan, or even Stony Brook or Albany.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 07:15 AM by johnbragg.)
10-10-2019 07:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UConn future scheduling, or lack thereof. - johnbragg - 10-10-2019 07:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.