panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread
(02-25-2021 07:28 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-25-2021 02:43 PM)AztecEmpire Wrote:  
(02-25-2021 02:23 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-25-2021 02:21 PM)SDSUguy Wrote:  
(02-24-2021 11:49 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  I'm surprised there wasn't anyway to downsize Jack Murphy for the Aztecs use.

It was built to accommodate baseball so the sideline stands were farther from the field than any collegiate stadium in America. Plus it was falling apart. Made total sense to start from scratch rather than Attempt to retrofit a dinosaur.

Is the new stadium on campus?

Anyway, having grown up watching football in the 1970s, I kind of miss those old stadiums that were originally designed for baseball, like Oakland Alameda County Stadium, Candlestick Park and others. I liked it when the offense had the ball in the baseball infield with the dirt and stuff.

The entire site will become part of the SDSU campus, connected to the main campus by trolly that is two stops away. This is a transformational project for the school and the region.

OK, sounds like it's not really "on campus", right? It's a short distance from the actual campus with trolley shuttle connection. Like Georgia State's stadium, the renovated Turner Field, that is owned by the university but is separate from the campus by a mile or so.

I think if USF did an OCS it would be either on the existing campus or else adjacent to it, so that there is no intervening separation. But of course that's a fantasy for us, while your quasi-campus stadium is fast becoming a reality. Kudos.
Campus is being built at the stadium. So ON campus. We did the same.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
02-25-2021 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - panama - 02-25-2021 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.