Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond
An NCCAA conference has formed in Southern Cal/Arizona.

I want to give props to whoever was behind getting the Southwestern States Intercollegiate Conference organized and operating so quickly. Outside of the primary associations, the NCAA, NAIA, USCAA (has 4 conferences I believe) and the NJCAA—all of which have been around for many decades, outside of them, very, very few organized conferences exist. The NCCAA has a tiny handful. One similar type of conference to the SWS I can think of actually has schools with a wide variety of different affiliations but makes it work because of their geography.

But to get a conference going is no small feat. Granted, this one doesn’t have all of the constraints bigger associations have, but getting multiple small colleges (some brand new) with minuscule budgets—and in multiple states and hundreds of miles apart, to agree to form a conference and to have it up and running quickly really impressed me. Someone is a go getter and a good organizer.

Gives all these athletes a chance at some recognition and awards, and allows these programs to have a championship to play for. These upstart programs created an instant boost to the structure and formality of themselves, I believe. So bravo to them!

https://www.instagram.com/swsconference/
https://twitter.com/sws_conference

For those (I presume virtually everyone) who aren’t familiar with this conference or it’s members, it is the conference home of-

Cal Miramar University
Bethesda University
West Coast Baptist College
SAGU-American Indian College
Southern California Leadership University

Most of these colleges have the potential to be affected by the change instituted by the NAIA to accept schools different accreditations.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023 08:28 PM by Todor.)
04-27-2023 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Todor - 04-27-2023 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.