Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond
(10-05-2020 06:07 PM)teamvsn Wrote:  
(10-05-2020 05:50 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 01:12 PM)teamvsn Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 12:31 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(09-19-2020 09:55 AM)teamvsn Wrote:  Sometime after Louisiana College left the NAIA there was a major realignment between the GCAC and the SSAC, that resulted in the GCAC becoming an HBCU conference. So the current GCAC isn't the old GCAC. So I think Louisiana College will go to the SSAC.

I forgot LC has football and the GCAC doesn't. But nearly every player not from LA is from Texas. Football is often the biggest consideration. But the SSAC is a lot of travel, and few schools within 3-4 hours.

Football isn't a consideration because their only choice is the Sooner Conference. The SSAC is a better "like school" alignment in every other way. In the NAIA, the primary conference selection factors are geographical footprint and playing similar schools. The RRAC has too many state and HBCU schools to be "similar" to Louisiana College. But I am already hearing talk of a potential OOC rivalry with LSU-Alexandria, who didn't have athletics. Not even sure they were offering Bachelors Degrees at the time.

Apparently Louisiana College is rejecting the Baptist connection "fit" they have with the SSAC schools, doesn't want to be aligned with "like schools" even if they are more alike in every other way and favor "too many state schools and HBCUs".

Anyone with a map knew the SSAC made zero sense.

It apparently wasn't their first choice. See their comments here:

https://lacollege.edu/louisiana-college-...admission/

I didn't have that article when you were making making the "prediction" of which they would join lol. Bravo for you "finding" and posting it now.

But anyone knew joining a conference that stretches around 1000 miles makes no sense. Its either the distance or their sketchy reputation that got them their reject notice. Either way, they are where they belong and where I predicted, despite not knowing that they had publicly stated their intent. Baptist or not, this school has more in common with Jarvis Christian, Paul Quinn and Wiley than William Carey.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020 08:16 PM by Todor.)
10-05-2020 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conference Realignment for D1, D2, D3, NAIA, and USCAA 2020 and Beyond - Todor - 10-05-2020 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.