UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
iam4uab Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB
(01-09-2018 06:05 PM)panama Wrote:  Amazing how people keep glossing over UCF's SOS ranked in the 70s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the problem when you don't have a real path to the championship for anyone.

The way it works for anyone not in the P5, dare I say P3, conferences.

1. You must play in the correct conference
2. You must determine 4 or 5 years in advance which teams will be the ones to boost SOS
3. If you can schedule said teams, you then must beat the brakes off of them at their place...and you better schedule more than one.
4. If you aren't in the correct conference, you then had better run up the score on all of your conference foes.

Then, and only then, will a committee CONSIDER giving you a spot. You will never be allowed to play your way in...the committee is in place, just in case you somehow manage to meet all the above criteria.

5. When you don't make the cut, everyone will then tell you to get in another conference if you want a shot...as if teams can just decide to join a major conference.
6. Get a token New Year bowl game and beat the crap out of the team that beat the crap out of the teams they let in the "championship" tournament.
7. Kiss your coach goodbye because the system is designed to make you a farm system for the aforementioned preferred conferences.
8. Spend the next 10-20 years trying to find the next guy that can boost you up just enough to peek over the fence and watch the big boys play.

I'm just about done with it altogether. Outside of the Blazers, I can probably count on one hand the number of college football games I've watched in their entirety since 2014. And Saturday used to be a clear the calendar day where I'd watch from Gameday to the West Coast games.
01-09-2018 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama's comeback win was one for the ages, but all is not well with college FB - iam4uab - 01-09-2018 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.