UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No news, but downtown stadium prediction [01/19 update @post 126]
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: No news, but downtown stadium prediction
(01-11-2018 09:34 AM)imjustafatkid Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 08:51 AM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  As long as all of these companies are never paying any taxes, there will never be money to improve education, and auto assembly will be the best jobs that ever show up in Alabama

This is patently false. Creating new jobs increases tax revenue regardless of if the corporation gets incentives.

My point is there would have more if those companies were paying their share of taxes. Four thousand mid-level jobs are good, sure, but they aren't even close to what the plant itself would be paying. Same goes when there are sales tax rebates for a new Walmart. Again, I'm not saying it's clear cut in either direction, but giving multi-billion dollar international companies essentially tax free status is not sustainable, not to mention unfair for local companies who don't get sweetheart deals like that

Alabama will invest nearly a billion dollars in this plant. UAB generates $25 for every $1 of state funding. Imagine if *half* that much were put into UAB instead

And to address your "patently false" claim, at the risk of sounding like a certain poster here, check out education funding in Alabama over the past 12 years and tell me that everything is fine with Alabama's tax base
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 09:55 AM by mixduptransistor.)
01-11-2018 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news, but downtown stadium prediction - mixduptransistor - 01-11-2018 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.