Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Report: UCSD Finally Gets Big West Invite
YNot Online
All American

I Root For: BYU
RE: Report: UCSD Finally Gets Big West Invite
(02-20-2018 09:22 PM)jrj84105 Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 09:06 PM)GiveEmTheAxe Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:55 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  If UC San Diego and UC Davis were ambitious and they'd both position themselves for FBS football programs. As UCs they both have large residential student bodies that attend for 4 years. A modest athletic fee split among that many students could fund the endeavor. New Mexico St and other Indies out there they could make a go at FBS independence until the MWC schools made room for them. What conference wouldn't jump at a pair of UCs?

I'd love to have UCSD and UC Davis. And I'd even be happy if they brought UCI and UCSB with them. That's an expansion pod that I'd like better than the Texhoma-4 in some ways. The Pac would be adding 4 AAU schools instead of 1. The distribution of schools in the Pac would much more closely mirror the distribution of people in the west. We would double the much fought over exposure to CA recruiting markets. We wouldn't be adding a third time zone to make travel more difficult. It makes perfect sense, except for the athletics part of course.

Except Californians don’t watch football and we’d just be splitting the CA talent pot more ways. We NEEEEEED more avid fan bases in the conference, not to triple up on our largest but by far least enthusiastic fan base. We need Texas and Oklahoma if we want to keep up with the SEC and B1G.

[Image: IMG_0228_zpsk5aguud7.png]

The low percentages in California still lead to a massive number. There are millions of college football fans in California.

17-28% of 35 million (California) is similar to 28-39% of 22 million (Texas).

6-9.8 million (California) versus 6-8.5 million (Texas).

This doesn't mean that the PAC 12 should expand with UCSD or UC-Davis. I absolutely agree that Texas and Oklahoma would be the ideal additions for the PAC. But, I don't know that the PAC is the ideal conference for Texas or Oklahoma.
02-21-2018 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: UCSD Finally Gets Big West Invite - YNot - 02-21-2018 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.