Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The DC TV and Theatrical Universe...
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: The DC TV and Theatrical Universe...
http://www.darkhorizons.com/what-next-fo...ce-league/

I'm only posting an article as talking point for my post but litterally, what does DC need to do to get a successful movie off the ground? Not saying what they have put out is bad but...

So lets see here:

Marvel had done:
X Men (original cast)
(new/First Class cast) X Men
Wolverine
Blade
Iron Man
Captain America
The Avengers
Thor
Hulk -1
Hulk -2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Antman

DC has done:
Batman
Wonder Woman
Superman 1 (Superman Returns)
Superman 2 (Man of Steel)
Suicide Squad
BvS DoJ
Justice League
Green Lantern.

JMO, if DC wants do go the Marvel route of a Xmen/Avengers banner movie then do standout characters in their own movies, the only one avenue I see for this is the further advancing of the Justice League set up.

Arguably the plays would be:

GoG roughly equals Green Lantern
Antman roughly equals The Atom (?)
Well, Aquaman is going ahead and I don't know of a Marvel equivalent for him.
Green Arrow is arguably a Hawkeye clone in terms of archer character but has a lot of Batman-esque stuff in him with all the League of Assassins, parents killed, parents owned successful company ect... in him.

With the success of the Green Arrow tv show, I think there is merit to go big screen with him. And with the LoA angles put forth in the tv show I think they could pull off a alternative to Batman but stay dark.

I think the tv show chemistry of Green Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow lead me to believe they could easily do an expanded cast of DC characters for the Justice League in a sequel.

IMO, Green Lantern is kind of tricky. I thought the first movie was decent for what it was but yeah, it could have been better, but since I don't know too much about his whole deal with the Lanterns and each person that has been Green Lantern I can't say what would be the best way to bring him back to the big screen. I think his outer space vibe could easily play into the GoG/Thor arenas as far as space goes.

Superman is deserving his own stand alone films but cinematically speaking, after Superman I and II, they haven't made a GOOD one. With his good guy tones, he, I guess, could be considered a Captain America equivalent to some degree. He needs a good stand alone film.

Wonder Woman showed they could make a good movie so...

The Flash? I am a fan of the tv show. However, I didn't like last season. I have liked him in all the animated Justice League stuff. My lone problem with his Speedforce deal is the time travel/multiverse aspect they have introduced into it. It just seems way to trivial to pull Flashes, villains, allies, and what not out of multiverse and time travelling possibilities to help or destroy any kind of plot. In other words, at any time they could pull in __ from Earth 3, 4, 5 .... but then.... ohh wait, our villain is really Earth 2 future villain who time traveled back to Earth 3 to spring a ally from Earth 1 in the past....

The crazy thing is, I think all their small screen animated stuff has been quite good.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 11:36 PM by PirateTreasureNC.)
11-19-2017 11:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The DC TV and Theatrical Universe... - PirateTreasureNC - 11-19-2017 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.