Bookmark and Share
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-08-2016 04:29 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 04:21 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 04:13 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 03:49 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  I'm not sure why Tom's proposal is being shouted down so vociferously. It would put the conference's best teams in the most visible bowls every year and that should benefit the conference as a whole (if those teams pull their weight). Non-SBC college football fans/viewers are much more likely to form their impressions from the on-the-field performances of the teams and not if there are a couple of thousand extra spectators in the stands

Yep, I agree. It's in the conferences best interest to have their top finished team play the #6 team in CUSA (who was rated lower than the SBC) instead of the #2 team from the MAC (rated higher than the SBC). Makes perfect sense to me. I agree, and I'm ready to head to Orlando.

For football fans that love in the south, a win over USM means a lot more than a win over a MAC team, whether or not the reality is the MAC team is better. It's the old perception versus reality thing. SDSU is a better team than Mississippi State, but it's the USA over MSU win that most people remember.

Except when conferences are ranked at the end of the season and you get money based on where the conference finishes. There is no perception about the payout we receive as a conference the higher we finish. If we make smart financial decisions now then maybe one day soon we won't have to worry about the financial consequence of making bad decisions like other conferences can that have been around forever and have money coming in from everywhere...we don't.

Thanks for the 1 OOC FBS win in 3 years. So I'm wondering why ULL feels entitled to a top 3 bowl based upon that.
12-08-2016 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - Tom in Lazybrook - 12-08-2016 04:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.