Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-08-2016 01:11 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 01:05 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 01:00 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 12:44 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 12:35 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  Who has been selected bybESPan to play the most nationally televised midweek games from the SBC in the last 6 years tom? I'll give you a hint, it's not you.

My God, you shift goal posts so quickly I get whiplash. ESPN could have picked up your home game vs Boise State, but didn't. That weekend USA and App were playing on ESPN. It was for the best too, because both of us put up good games on the road while you guys got trashcanned at home.

Either way, its risible to argue that ESPN really cared whether Arkansas State and USA played in CBSSN or Internet televised bowls or vice versa. Or that they'd walk away from the NO Bowl if App or stAte were playing USM there.

Actually, ESPN didn't have a slot. That's why the game was on the American Sports Network which the Cajuns were forced to move to 11am kickoff to accommodate the conference which ESPN got to pick up for their ESPN3 online service. Lucky us!!!

American Sports Network is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, which also owns local television station KBOI Channel 2. There were discussions to get the game broadcast in the Treasure Valley, but no agreement could be reached. The game’s rights are owned by ESPN, which did not have an open broadcast slot on one of its channels, and will still maintain control, even without a television broadcast in Idaho.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/col...rylink=cpy

The other ULL poster made a comment positing the risible argument that ULL is such a better TV draw than App or stAte, that they had to demand that the NO Bowl take ULL over our 2 conference champions. Simply pointing out evidence contrary to that. If Boise - ULL was another week, some ESPN format would have picked it up. But its not like there's this huge demand for ULL by ESPN, which was the poster's insinuation.

Actually I asked you a question which you still refuse to answer, of the nationally televised midweek games that ESPN picks, which school has been on the most? You aren't pointing out sht but lies, answer the f'n question tom.

I have no idea who ESPN picked in a midweek game when we were FCS. I fail to see why it was relevant as this year ESPN picked you fewer times than Ark State and the same as every other bowl eligible team in the conference, save (I think) Idaho. And while I get it, ESPN put games with USA and App in them on their network the weekend you had your big game.

Either way, there's little evidence that ESPN cares so much about ULL that they'd demand that you, and not stAte or App, play in the NO Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 01:24 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-08-2016 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - Tom in Lazybrook - 12-08-2016 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.