Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-07-2016 10:31 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:58 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:46 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:31 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:18 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  We don't feel that we're being blocked from going to a certain bowl. We ARE blocked from going to a certain bowl (DG). And we're effectively blocked from going to another one by ULL. This really isn't in dispute. The NO Bowl didn't take the conference champions, I assure you that both would have rather gone to New Orleans than where they were placed.

Anyone think that stAte said...'hey - lets play at another team for our bowl. Anyone think that App really wanted to go to the same bowl for the second straight year. You guys realize that stAte nearly got sent to Tucson with a conference crown? We of course, got that prize and probably, in the process, saved ULL from an avalanche of complaints (justified) by stAte.

Do you really think stAte wanted to go to the Mobile bowl 4 times in a row because the NO Bowl kept taking ULL first? To be fair, ULL shared 1 conference crown during that period. stAte seems happy enough with Mobile. But really, come on.

If the Belt could go get another bowl tie in (preferably one on TV) to replace the NO Bowl tie in and simply make that one only for ULL, then maybe I wouldn't have as much of a complaint. But it doesn't work that way. You have to get a bowl certified. And that's done by a conference. And once a tie in is established, you need to work within them. Even if those tie ins discriminate against our teams. That's a problem the league can and SHOULD rectify.
Unlike your whiny ass..Cajun fans would be happy with a bowl in Alaska...we have sat at home at 8-3 and a conference title before. We have been blocked out if bowls before... does itbsuck? Yeah...but we didn't go crying whining and begging to change the way THEY did it so we could be garaunteed anything. When you are given stuff it isn't worth sht. If we would have flopped on ticket sales, revenue for the city and on the field then we wouldn't but be in this position... but we didn't, we showed out in every single aspect...that's why they want us, we earned it. If we don't makebtgat money the first year we never start sharing bowl revenue so I'm pretty sure we have done plenty for the entire conference by going to New Orleans...and we went 4-0 against the MWC and AAC which also helped get us more share of the playoff.

OMG, the whining would have been epic had stAte gone to New Orleans, USA to Orlando, and you guys to Tucson.

Its not 2006 anymore, every bowl team goes. The big argument now is ... WHERE do you go.

We don't owe you (or anyone else in this conference) anything.

---

Sorry if I think that since we have to work WITHIN our bowl allotment, that one team, shouldn't be able to hog one of the better slots, in perpetuity, regardless of on the field results.

And then come up with ridiculous (non-athletic related) arguments justifying your incumbency. No other conference would put up with this BS. And no, they don't.

---

At some level, the bowl tie ins need to work for the members. Not one member, but the members as a whole. And it doesn't work for many of our members. Its not just us.

No it wouldn't have we were 3-5 and ended up in a bowl, we aren't whiney brats..we are grateful people. We would have brought a decent crowd, better than anyone besides T St and sold our entire allotment because we know how it works.We would have sold our allotment to help Our school and the ones who didn't go would have donated the tickets to whatever charity our school chose. So typical,you think you know everything.

Have you ever been to a bowl besides the NO Bowl?

And unless the rules are changed, you'll never go to any other bowl. So I suppose we will never find out.

As far as being grateful, I don't see that. Just a risible attempt to justify the unjustifiable in perpetuity. At the expense of every other team in the conference. Don't tell us we need to be happy to play only in lesser bowls, regardless of record, forever. Because that's what you're doing. And youre telling a bunch of other teams the same thing.

BTW, you've never beaten us in Mobile (it appears that we trade home wins). You aren't all that.

At this point, its pretty obviious that if ULL gets to 6-6, there's nothing any other Belt team can do to get to this bowl.
We are playing the lowest rated opponent of all our bowls, you're an idiot. I'm sorrr we ruined your chance to hook up with a tranny on bourbon st.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 10:44 PM by Louisiana99.)
12-07-2016 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - Louisiana99 - 12-07-2016 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.