To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
Bookmark and Share
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-07-2016 04:02 PM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 01:02 PM)asuwon Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 12:42 PM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  Maybe NO is just partial to the Cajuns over Tech or stAte?

That's certainly a possibility.

(12-07-2016 12:42 PM)CajunFan3406 Wrote:  Also, the comments about the city of NO being littered with panhandlers and people peeing in the streets is a little absurd and overly dramatic. Perhaps some need a lesson on places to hit up while in NO? Bourbon St is typically a last resort or a complete no-no to anyone who's looking to have a good time in the city and who's idea of a good time isn't partying like 21 year old frat boy.

I never even went to Bourbon St. last year. Been there, done that, many times, when I was younger. I agree with your assessment.

I was accosted by multiple panhandlers, walking down the sidewalk from the team hotel. And, also passed a person pissing on the sidewalk in the same area. To claim that's a "little absurd" is not based in reality. Unfortunately, I witnessed it with my own eyes.

Look... I have been to both the NOB and the Go Daddy. In my opinion, I prefer the bowl in Mobile.

If others disagree, that's fine. They aren't changing my opinion though. My opinion is based on my own personal experiences with both bowl games.

Having been to Jonesboro and an stAte football game and witnessing the pregame festivities there, I can certainly see why you and many of your fans would feel that way about Mobile vs NO. You guys are just different up there compared to us Cajuns. Hell, the Cajun people in general are just different than any Southerner. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I don't know very many folks down here who would pick a weekend in Mobile over a weekend in NO, and you'd be unlikely to convince them otherwise even if you brought them with you on a stAte Mobile bowl experience like you guys had from 2011-2014.

As you stated, different strokes for different folks...

I'm probably not in the majority of stAte fans with my Mobile preference, and don't claim to be.

I'm just giving my personal opinion.

It just seemed to me that in Mobile, you are treated as the leading star of the show. In New Orleans, you are treated as somebody who gets mentioned at the end of the rolling credits.
12-07-2016 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - asuwon - 12-07-2016 04:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.