Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
Bookmark and Share
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection
(12-07-2016 09:14 AM)asuwon Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 04:44 AM)BRtransplant Wrote:  Having attended the New Orleans Bowl for the first time last year, I have a couple observations. New Orleans is all about the Sugar Bowl. There were banners hanging everywhere promoting the upcoming Sugar Bowl matchup, but none promoting the Ark St-La Tech N.O. Bowl matchup. It would have been nice to have seen a few New Orleans Bowl banners hanging in New Orleans, at least during the week leading up to the game. Another observation is that practically no casual local fans attend the game. I can compare that to the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, where normally, at least 25% of the crowd is made up of casual local fans that turn out to support the bowl itself. Everyone in the Super Dome that night was wearing either Tech blue or Ark St red.

Exactly.

This is one of the main reasons I prefer Mobile to New Orleans. The city of Mobile is inviting, wants you there and shows their appreciation. The city of New Orleans could not care less, and do nothing for the bowl teams and their fans, other than provide them a place to play a game.

I'd take Mobile, and while I have not experienced it yet, I assume even Montgomery, over New Orleans every year.

The Cajuns can have the NOB, as far as I am concerned.

Maybe NO is just partial to the Cajuns over Tech or stAte? I've found the folks of NO and the Bowl itself were very inviting. Like someone mentioned earlier or perhaps in another thread, most of the locals that people spoke to said they wanted the Cajuns to win for the 2013 game which is the year we played Tulane. There are also lots of activities set up for Cajun fans either through the bowl or local businesses. For the 4 years I have gone to the NOB, I never got the same takeaway as you did following last year's game.

Also, the comments about the city of NO being littered with panhandlers and people peeing in the streets is a little absurd and overly dramatic. Perhaps some need a lesson on places to hit up while in NO? Bourbon St is typically a last resort or a complete no-no to anyone who's looking to have a good time in the city and who's idea of a good time isn't partying like 21 year old frat boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-07-2016 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
To all those complaining about NOLA bowl selection - CajunFan3406 - 12-07-2016 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.